Bloodbath - Bathe In Blood cover: Thanks to Adam Wathan for the Backing

Not bad. Not bad at all, considering thats a fairly difficult song.
As Soon as I get a mic, I'll load some of my shit onto here.
I'd really like to do a cover of Brave New Hell. I love doing vocals to that song, (I sound a bit more like Tagtren then Akerfeld.)

Diskord said:
Not bad. Not bad at all, considering thats a fairly difficult song.
As Soon as I get a mic, I'll load some of my shit onto here.
I'd really like to do a cover of Brave New Hell. I love doing vocals to that song, (I sound a bit more like Tagtren then Akerfeld.)

I didn't feel it was very difficult at all. It was done in about an hour, I had to print the lyrics.

Can you record something without it? Just straight through the mic in Windows Sound Recorder or whatever.

Tumn said:
Can you record something without it? Just straight through the mic in Windows Sound Recorder or whatever.

Yeah, but why? Bloodbath's vocals are one of the most heavily effected shits in death metal, it just add's a widening effect so it sits in the music, and resembles the dynamics of the original vocals.

I know there's always effects used, but I just want to hear it without them.

I do like your shit though, so don't think I don't. :)

Tumn said:
I know there's always effects used, but I just want to hear it without them.

I do like your shit though, so don't think I don't. :)

:kickass:

Yeah, over the years I've found that dry death vocals such as these just won't sit in the mix right to my ears without a chorus widening. Alot of bands turn me off to them by using dry vocals because that type of scream sounds so "on top" and not inside the music without it. But that's just me talkin

I know what you are talking about, old Cannibal Corpse is all dry vocals, but I enjoy it and appreciate the true sound of the vocals. The effects give everything a more dynamic sound and it's better of course. I (edit oops) DO like the way I sound normally, but through a PA and good mic with a little bit of reverb on it sounds awesome I think.

Tumn said:
I know what you are talking about, old Cannibal Corpse is all dry vocals, but I enjoy it and appreciate the true sound of the vocals. The effects give everything a more dynamic sound and it's better of course. I (edit oops) DO like the way I sound normally, but through a PA and good mic with a little bit of reverb on it sounds awesome I think.

Exactly :headbang:

I agree, this sounds pretty damn good. Reverb is used on almost every single death metal album out there to crispen the sound. I like using it and layering (but not too much). I would be very satisfied with you on vocals. It's unique and really brutal, closer to mike too which i'm glad to hear.

I know I mostly likely wont even get considered, but when I saw the ad originally I said to myself... well I'm all of the above... so here I am.

I toured across the US for two years (been in 44 of 50 states), ran a studio for 5 years (still own the gear, and it's what I use to produce all that you hear), I play drums, guitar, bass, and sing. I have a real passive attitude toward music, no real ego ( except when someone calls my shit nu-metal :rolleyes: ), and I've got 10 years or so experience repairing gear (amps, guitars, sound reinforcement, etc) and the setup of the stuff.

Still all this pales in comparison to what Mike and Peter have accomplished

Danny said:
what program did you use for the guitars ?

Jackson Kelley played through a POD (sorry, it's my firends, i dont know the model, but it had multiple pedals, was big and black) and recorded with Cool Edit Pro

Flal said:
Jackson Kelley played through a POD (sorry, it's my firends, i dont know the model, but it had multiple pedals, was big and black) and recorded with Cool Edit Pro

I also added a good amount of mastering to the backing :kickass: