Bloodbath

Originally posted by Opet
Swanö's writing? I was hoping...well, Swanö's THE MAN too, what am I whining about. I just really really really like Mike's style.

I love the "raw power" sound in Bloodbath...or is that the "drunkin'-stuper" power I hear. Either way, I love it. \m/ :p

I don't think Mike is writing anything, just lending his voice. I could be wrong though.

-Hondo

I don't think Mike is writing anything...

Yeah, I got that much. Hence the whining. :p

Damn you! How can everyone forget that Anders Nyström is THE mastermind behind Bloodbath. Åkerfeldt makes it even better with his vocals, but for me it's Blakkheim who makes Bloodbath the best brutal death band I've heard.

Furnaaaaaaaaaace Funeraaaal!!!!! :headbang: :Smokedev:

PS. Heehee, had to try that nice new smiley (smokedev). ;)

samoniac: "Damn you! How can everyone forget that Anders Nyström is THE mastermind behind Bloodbath. Åkerfeldt makes it even better with his vocals, but for me it's Blakkheim who makes Bloodbath the best brutal death band I've heard."

I thought it was a drunken effort by all. ;)

Well, if it was a drunken effort, I can't wait to here them sober.

I've heard they didn't take it very serious, and it was more just a fun thing, but the music is so damn good, and Mikael sounds great. They created a short little masterpeice, and they better hurry the hell uop with this album.

But what about Mikael? Isn't he currently busy with Opeth's new albums? Or have they recorded it alrady?

As best I know, the new Bloodbath is already in progress. To quote Dan Swano from the Dan Sawno forum:

I met Anders and Jonas nearly 10 years ago. They popped by my little 8 track studio the summer of 1992 to record the first Katatonia demotape. They had written me a fanletter some months before and I replied and all of a sudden they booked my studio. They were here a week ago and did their parts of the Bloodbath album..Cool dudes!!!

I met Mike 9 years ago by a phonebooth in Finspång where we had our rendevouz set for guiding them to the studio overnighting apartment. We connected on the spot. Great guy.
He'll be here to do some immortal vocs in a few weeks...looking forward to that.

Originally posted by ham
from what i can gather, Mikael's still working with Opeth on their upcoming release, and the new Bloodbath work with come later

Bloodbath (yes, the whole lineup) entered the studios some time back to record the full length.

I know Bloodbath is their "drunkband", but what does it matter. That kind of music shouldn't be very serious after all ;).

Who is gonna be the drummer in the upcoming album, since I've heard that Swanö isn't going be one anymore? Sad, since he did it very well on Breeding Death I think. Much better than on Diabolical Masquerade's Death Desing, acctually. Let's hope it won't be Renkse ;) Uh..:p

samoniac: "I know Bloodbath is their "drunkband", but what does it matter. That kind of music shouldn't be very serious after all. Isn't it great when you don't try, and then after a few years fans are craving a full length. What talent. What musicians.

Let's hope it won't be Renkse. WHAT!
twak.gif
Take that.

Originally posted by Opet

WHAT!
twak.gif
Take that.

With all respect, I don't think Renkse is comparable to Swanö as a drummer. On Dance of the December the drums are really bad actually, but I'm sure he has improved from that. Still Bloodbath would suffer a lot if they won't find as good a drummer as Swanö is. But, whatever the lineup will be, I'm waiting for the full-lenght eagerly.

Actually, Swanö WILL be the drummer in the Bloodbath album. And Renkse is a good drummer, his drumming on the early Katatonia album is like it is because that style fits them very well.

I know Bloodbath is their "drunkband", but what does it matter. That kind of music shouldn't be very serious after all

:rolleyes:

samoniac: With all respect, I don't think Renkse is comparable to Swanö as a drummer. Swanö isn't a man. Nah, he's definitely some type of superman. I agree.

On Dance of the December the drums are really bad actually, but I'm sure he has improved from that. Yeah, I'm sure he has too.

Still Bloodbath would suffer a lot if they won't find as good a drummer as Swanö is. Fish fish you got your wish! :lol: Swanö's on drums.

But, whatever the lineup will be, I'm waiting for the full-lenght eagerly. No doubt!

Originally posted by ham
This is the first time I've heard Bloodbath, and fuck they're awesome... I read on Century Media's website that they're actually planning to release a full length album this year.

Can't wait!

WHAT???? IS THIS FOR REAL????

Oh man, that is one of my favorite recordings of all time, man! That just made my day!!!