Bloodbath

From previous three albums, Nightmares Made Flesh is my favorite and mainly because Peter Tägtgren's vocals. Åkerfeld is(was) great growler but dunno, Fathomless Mastery especially gets bit boring after a while. Hopefully new album has longer life span.

Seeing as though the title of the thread is simply "Bloodbath" I feel obliged to say they're an all time favourite of mine. Being a massive fan of old school Swedish death metal and this band being formed as tribute to said music, by a few of my very favourite musicians, I just loved their first few recordings... Agree with Hetzer on The Fathomless Mastery, definitely my least favourite.

Called it

If you're not being sarcastic, I'm seriously impressed (by your psychic abilities) :loco:

...because I was NOT expecting Nick Holmes. And honestly? I was dubious about the decision when it was announced. Especially considering his recent reluctance to play songs by his own band that have harsh vocals...

But anyway, the band premiered a new song from Grand Morbid Funeral, Unite in Pain, and while I don't think the vocals are BAD - I just don't think they sit as well as they could've if they'd gotten Jorgen Sandstrom or Matti Karki, or someone else with a "proper" Swedeath voice...

Music does sound pretty good though!

Podgie; yes I intended this to be general topic about the band, so anything related will do nicely :kickass: Vocals are indeed bit weaker than previous efforts with Åkerfeld & Tägtgren, song itself is really decent though. If rest of the material is same quality, I'll guess I can live with vocal performance too. We'll see.

Quote: "We're proud of all these different styled releases and we loved doing each and every one of them, but the objective was never to settle with a certain style, so the time has come to shift once more. It was already decided right after the last album that the next record would not be a "Fathomless part 2", but it would actually become its antithesis! So prepare yourselves for an ultimate blueprint of low-fi, raw, heavy, organic and sludgy death metal sound! The time has come to stomp those HM-2 pedals once more and close the circle of the death metal archives with our Grand Morbid Funeral"

It got narrowed down by the clues they gave, after some extensive Googling I determined it was either Nick Holmes or Bloodbath were fucking lying. There were a few others it may well have been, but listening to the very earliest Paradise Lost stuff, it made sense (provided he could still do that style).

EDIT: Also, I'm with Hetzer. Nightmares Made Flesh is actually the only Bloodbath album I like.