BLOODHUNTER Self-titled debut, out now! I'm in it and you know I rock.

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
Hey dudes, posting this now that my new band's album is out in physical and digital form. 45 Minutes of really heavy and modern death metal influenced by Behemoth, Septic Flesh (without the orchestra), Arch Enemy and many other metal bands. Recorded at Ultrasound Studios in Braga (Angelus Apatrida, Anneke Van whateversbergen), mixed and mastered by Daniel Cardoso, current drummer of Anathema (wut??).

To stream and buy digitally:
http://bloodhunter.bandcamp.com/

To buy physical copies (and an awesome T-shirt):
http://bloodhunter.bigcartel.com/

To hit like on facebook and check out what we're up to:
https://www.facebook.com/BLOODHUNTEROfficial

I appreciate everyone who takes the time to listen and express their thoughts. We're planning some shows in Spain and Portugal for the end of the year, hopefully we'll be able to reach a bit further by next year.

Recent edit: Here's a compilation of some videos:

First video:

Super cool video:

Cool video with live footage:

An actual live video of our tour with Nightrage:

And here's a couple of bass playthrough videos I've done recently, all one take played on top of the album recordings:

Last edited:
This kinda rocks pretty hard dude.
I already liked the first few songs you showed! Gonna give stream a spin in the next couple of days!

Just I shame I don't really dig the shirt design...are there any plans on another one for the near future? I'd love to get some kind of cd+shirt thingy.

I must confess at first I thought that theres something about the mix that is bugging me...and I think it has to do with some mids of the guitars.
Seems I got used to it though, cause it isn't nearly as "bad" (it wasn't bad or so, I just lack the sleep to find a better word right now haha) as I remember my first impression.
It seems to be less obvious on different songs though...maybe that's why.

Keep it up man. Also props to the fact that your bass is audible...since I remember stories and all...didn't think the bass would be audible in the end, sadly ;)

This kinda rocks pretty hard dude.
I already liked the first few songs you showed! Gonna give stream a spin in the next couple of days!

Just I shame I don't really dig the shirt design...are there any plans on another one for the near future? I'd love to get some kind of cd+shirt thingy.

I must confess at first I thought that theres something about the mix that is bugging me...and I think it has to do with some mids of the guitars.
Seems I got used to it though, cause it isn't nearly as "bad" (it wasn't bad or so, I just lack the sleep to find a better word right now haha) as I remember my first impression.
It seems to be less obvious on different songs though...maybe that's why.

Keep it up man. Also props to the fact that your bass is audible...since I remember stories and all...didn't think the bass would be audible in the end, sadly ;)

Dude, I love the shirt design! Hahaha we actually had two designs done, the other one was a simpler one with the logo and little else, but in the end we didn't like it and decided to just put out this one, it's the cover for the "Ages of Darkness" single but in red&white, I even prefer the T-shirt colors than the actual colors on the cover. We couldn't do a full color design with the album cover because of budget restrictions, at least for now that's what we got, sorry!

I'm super happy with the bass tone on it, it was already kicking ass in the studio, and the mix really helped it shine. On the first couple of mixes, the bass was even louder and heavier, to the point where I had to say "I don't wanna complain, cause I'm loving how the bass is so present in the mix, but I wouldn't complain either if it went down just a little bit to make it all more balanced". I don't know what "stories" you might be talking about though haha

About the guitars, I don't know what it could be that bothers/bothered you about it, but if I tell you it's all Axe-Fx II would you be all like "I knew it, it's an ampsim!!"? Bass is also Axe-FX II.

As an extra, here's a non-cellphone (but still crappy-sounding) video of a song from our first live show last month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBaJzUZhevU

And you can check out a few pictures of the show, most of them taken by my beautiful wife and #1 groupie.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.852979428064965.1073741835.207626252600289&type=3

Now I remember who your singer reminds me of...

SB-conan-sword.jpg

Which is awesome btw. :lol:

Looking at the shirt again it seems nice. Dunno what the fuck is up with me these days, lack of sleep doesn't go well with me it seems :lol:

Yeah the bass sounds really really cool.
Guitars just have something in the mids I'd like to have been taken out by a small notch. Nothing that major after all, the tone fits the mix and the music.
Well, I already knew that he was an AXE-FX type of guy, so I assumed it made it on the album. Maybe I'd guessed it right, but I wouldn't be like "totally sounds like axe" or whatever ;)

hehe I just ment that I recall that the guitarplayer was a pretty headstrong/determent guy, and my experience with that type of guitarplayers so far, was a very sad bass-panda :D
But great that it wasn't the case here.

Hey, bumping this to keep people listening to it, and showing off another video we did. Last April our album turned one year old, and we decided to make a new video with footage from our first run of shows through Spain and Portugal, with the soundtrack being what I think is the strongest song in the album. We also have a third video still in post-production, that one's a much bigger budgeted one with actors and pro quality cameras/equipment and such, but it'll be a few more months till that one's out.

For you guys in Spain and Portugal, we're playing Viseu (Portugal) next Saturday and Barcelona (Spain, duh) the following one, with a cool tour with an awesome greek band soon to be confirmed coming near the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwCy1ZyzEls

As an extra note, the video footage was compiled from several sources, some parts were recorded by my wife, some by a few friends and some taken from youtube from people who attended the shows and uploaded live videos and fragments, all compiled and edited by my wife/sidekick/best friend/chick I'm sleeping with.

I'm not normally into this genre of metal, but I really like this, very organic with the song writing. You lads should be proud of this, good effort.

it may be a strange comparison but this, in some way really reminds me of behemoth. singer is hawt btw

large.gif