Bloodstock 05

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
Picture the scene

Due to the success of the previous 4 Bloodstocks, Bloodstock05 is to be held at Castle Donnington in the begining of August. It will be a 3 day festival with 3 stages. A Main Power/Traditional Metal Stage an Extreme/Black/Death,Thrash Stage and an indoor stage.

The Friday will be somthing like:

JUDAS PRIEST (Reunited with Rob Halford Headlining)
SAXON
U.D.O.
BLAZE
CIRCLE II CIRCLE
POWER QUEST
MESSIAH'S KISS

The Saturday will be something like:

GAMMA RAY
SAVATAGE
DORO
PRIMAL FEAR
DEBASE
LOST HORIZON
DRAGONFORCE

The Sunday will be something like:

HELLOWEEN
BLIND GUARDIAN
DIO
JAG PANZER
FREEDOM CALL
HUMAN FORTRESS
STORMWARRIOR

The Extreme stage will include the likes of Children of Bodom, Nevermore, At The Gates, Arch Enemy, In Flames, BATHORY, Tristania, Lacuna Coil, Return To Sabbat, Borknagar, Annihilator, Dimmu Borgir, Rotting Christ, Overkill and a great many more.

The indoor stage will feature some of the world's finest unsigned Bands as well as a huge metal disco.

There will be a great many more great activites such as a 9 a-side Rugby League Tournament, A Beer drinking contest, A Pie Eating Contest, Skydiving, Paintballing, Unliscenced Boxing, Tattooing, Body Piercing, A Live S&M Show, Naked female Mud Wrestling, Motorcycle Racing, A Knobbly Knees Contest, A Thai Food Exhibition, A Circus with Naked Female Clowns and Naked Female Trapeze artists, Hook - A - Duck, Camel Racing, The Waltzers and a Knitting Tent (just To keep the girls happy)

Now this looks like a quality festival
:D

Eagle, you forgot midget-hurling!

Although that would put me right in the firing line :loco:

I can't see that festival working anyway. Why would anyone want to watch the bands when they can check out the naked clowns, trapeze artists and mud wrestling? hehe...

Eagle said:
There will be a great many more great activites such as a 9 a-side Rugby League Tournament, A Beer drinking contest, A Pie Eating Contest, Skydiving, Paintballing, Unliscenced Boxing, Tattooing, Body Piercing, A Live S&M Show, Naked female Mud Wrestling, Motorcycle Racing, A Knobbly Knees Contest, A Thai Food Exhibition, A Circus with Naked Female Clowns and Naked Female Trapeze artists, Hook - A - Duck, Camel Racing, The Waltzers and a Knitting Tent (just To keep the girls happy)
I wholeheartedly approve, particularly of the "naked female" theme that seems to be running through many of your activities :) What any decent festival needs, though, is a bungee jump, and jet and top fuel display cars. Speed and agression, a deadly obsession...

bloodstock said:
If Bloodstock went outdoors what about this venue:

Sherwood Forest (Motorhead played there last night in fact!!)

See a 360pic at this BBC website -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/360/music/sherwood_pines_forest_park.shtml

Any comments?

From the revolving picture it looks like a smashing venue.

However the last time I was in Sherwood Forest some chap in green tights threatened to shoot with me with his bow & arrows unless I gave him my credit card.

Eagle said:
From the revolving picture it looks like a smashing venue.
QUOTE]

Totally up for BS being outdoors. Venue looks good, and local for the BS production crew.

You'd need more punters presumably to justify the extra cost of security & infrastructure ?

And what about the second stage ?

You do it like the Wacken True/Black stages. That'd be well cool.