Bloodstock Livestream

Sound was decent, far better than Lacuna Coil before which was utter tripe.

First song the backing vox were so loud, Roope was funny.

Bass drum drowned out the rest at times though.

Did anyone cap this? Only got to see a couple of song and sounded way better than Wacken.

Here are three songs from the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEL2Fvno5iQ

The sound of the stream is pretty bad/ muddy but I really liked CoB's show (Wacken as well). I haven't seen Alexi headbang and run back and forth the stage for many years, and generally their attitude was amazing; his vocals were good as well. A few mistakes here and there can be spotted but it is a live show after all. I think they played great and one can clearly tell that the band is having tons of fun!

Here are three songs from the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEL2Fvno5iQ

The sound of the stream is pretty bad/ muddy but I really liked CoB's show (Wacken as well). I haven't seen Alexi headbang and run back and forth the stage for many years, and generally their attitude was amazing; his vocals were good as well. A few mistakes here and there can be spotted but it is a live show after all. I think they played great and one can clearly tell that the band is having tons of fun!

Yeah, definitely noticed all of that. He actually tries to sing the lyrics properly like the records now, he used to just sing random stuff and forget lyrics all the time.

Also like how they realise people don't really want to hear anything from Blooddrunk or RRF :lol:

Yeah, definitely noticed all of that. He actually tries to sing the lyrics properly like the records now, he used to just sing random stuff and forget lyrics all the time.

Also like how they realise people don't really want to hear anything from Blooddrunk or RRF :lol:
The title track for Blooddrunk still gets a pretty decent reception.. everything else not so much :loco:

The vocals are definitely getting better, and some of the guitar work too. Hopefully they will keep up this consistency when I see them later this year.

Personally I would be happy if they never played anything from Relentless Reckless Forever ever again (I like to pretend that album doesn't exist). Don't particularly like Blooddrunk either so I'm pleased that nothing from that was played either.

Overall I thought both Wacken and Bloodstock were pretty decent (besides their first couple of songs at Wacken). When I've been to their shows they've played very well but I've never actually seen them live at a festival before so I can't comment on that.

Personally I would be happy if they never played anything from Relentless Reckless Forever ever again (I like to pretend that album doesn't exist). Don't particularly like Blooddrunk either so I'm pleased that nothing from that was played either.

Overall I thought both Wacken and Bloodstock were pretty decent (besides their first couple of songs at Wacken). When I've been to their shows they've played very well but I've never actually seen them live at a festival before so I can't comment on that.

AYDY used to get a lot of hate, which I found hard to fathom as I thought it was a good album in a different but still recognizable style (natural progression from HCDR), but BD and RRF were 100 times worse than AYDY.

AYDY used to get a lot of hate, which I found hard to fathom as I thought it was a good album in a different but still recognizable style (natural progression from HCDR), but BD and RRF were 100 times worse than AYDY.

I really liked Are You Dead Yet, although it's not the best and some of the songs on it do suck but overall whenever they play AYDY, Living Dead Beat or In Your Face on stage it gets a good reception from the crowd.

I don't get why they don't change their setlists up- Surely it's a bit boring being in a band playing pretty much the same stuff every show? My only thought would be that they are a bit wasted and it's easier to play songs you play all the time cause of muscle memory. Even though it's a good song and "tradition" for them, maybe they could get rid of at least downfall considering anyone who is a fan and seen them at least once has already heard it. Would love to hear Bodom Blue Moon live.

I watched a few videos of the concert and the one thing lacking was Alexi's guitar volume. It was pretty much utter shit, and he flubbed a couple of the songs it seems like.

In regards to their setlist, when you're a band as popular as they are, there's certain songs that are just expected of you.

Fans usually expect to hear Hate Crew Deathroll, Are you Dead Yet, Downfall (especially, it's probably their most famous song), Follow the Reaper, Bodom After Midnight, Lake Bodom, etc.

They can't really NOT play those songs without getting bitched at for it, because you know that the moment they don't, people will flip tits.

I watched a few videos of the concert and the one thing lacking was Alexi's guitar volume. It was pretty much utter shit, and he flubbed a couple of the songs it seems like.

In regards to their setlist, when you're a band as popular as they are, there's certain songs that are just expected of you.

Fans usually expect to hear Hate Crew Deathroll, Are you Dead Yet, Downfall (especially, it's probably their most famous song), Follow the Reaper, Bodom After Midnight, Lake Bodom, etc.

They can't really NOT play those songs without getting bitched at for it, because you know that the moment they don't, people will flip tits.

That's alright at a festival I suppose- but I'm mainly talking about their own headliners- they play the same songs...I think most fans at their own concert would prefer to hear older and newer songs they haven't played before or at least for ages