Bloodstock

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
Well what can I say!!

Excellent performance :headbang:

Wings Of Forever & Power Quest Part 1 had the crowd blown away. A lot of folk around me were trying to sing along to the magnificent new tracks Edge Of Time & Temple Of Fire without properly knowing the lyrics :D At least we knew Far Away.

Anyway top class indivudual performances from all the band members.

Gavin played a blinder with the sticks.

Steve like's a man possessed on the keys

Andrea's like a young Malmsteen who's also an excellent singer

Steve S crunched out the bass and fired the crowd up.

Alessio is one of the best live singers and I've ever seen.

But most importantly it was a band performance that was ultra tight and totally together.

I hope all those from here that couldn't make bloodstock get to see them next time around. Rest assured you won't be disappointed.

As well as meeting the band again it was also awesome to meet some of the regulars from here such as Wooks, Anvil, & Nadia and new friends Simon and Shaynee (I hope the spelling is right)

Also top marks go out to Volcane & Mercury Rain on their Bloodstock Performance.:headbang:

Power Quest & Mercury Rain for Wacken 2004!!

Have to totally agree with Eagle!! It was truly awesome and mega impressive. PQ were the best band on the Friday evening as far as I was concerned :D Thanks for taking the time to sign stuff, have a chat and have photos taken. Have just uploaded my photos and there is some pretty good ones. :D

I heard the Powerquest album at a mates house a few weeks before Bloodstock, so I was pretty excited about the set. Despite not knowing many of the songs too well, the set blew me away. An amazing set all round guys, and I'm definately hoping to see PQ again at Wacken, if the organisers have any sense (and I can get the money together).

I'm just home and it was great to meet Symphony and getting my shirt signed. Plus meeting Eagle and his two good looking friends was also great fun (for me anyway ). I'm not sure if I meet anyone else as I was pretty drunk on Friday.

Everyone I spoke to thought PowerQuest were great and quite a few band shirts where seen on both days. Great show !:headbang:

anvil said:
I'm just home and it was great to meet Symphony and getting my shirt signed. Plus meeting Eagle and his two good looking friends was also great fun (for me anyway ). I'm not sure if I meet anyone else as I was pretty drunk on Friday.

Everyone I spoke to thought PowerQuest were great and quite a few band shirts where seen on both days. Great show !:headbang:

Too right dude, Glad you got home safe. My two good looking friends are Dragonmaiden and Lydian Lady (who have both been known to post on here ;) ). I hope you can get across here again real soon for some more beers and metal.

Eagle said:
Too right dude, Glad you got home safe. My two good looking friends are Dragonmaiden and Lydian Lady (who have both been known to post on here ;) ). I hope you can get across here again real soon for some more beers and metal.

I hope so too, I had one of the best weekends of my life and meet so many great people.

anvil said:

Well met Anvil! :wave: I can tell you were a bit worse for wear on Friday. Obviously seeing everyone through a lovely soft focus!! :lol: Nice to put a face to a name from the board. Enjoyed discussing thrash bands and Blitzkrieg over pizza aftershow Friday night!! Here's the link to their site. You asked for it Friday...betcha can't remember! :lol:

www.blitzedalive.com

dragonmaiden said:
Well met Anvil! :wave: I can tell you were a bit worse for wear on Friday. Obviously seeing everyone through a lovely soft focus!! :lol: Nice to put a face to a name from the board. Enjoyed discussing thrash bands and Blitzkrieg over pizza aftershow Friday night!! Here's the link to their site. You asked for it Friday...betcha can't remember! :lol:

www.blitzedalive.com

I can't remember :D I can remember how I described my love of the first two Annilator albums, it wasn't the best way to describe it while people were eating :ill:

Did I mention a band called Toranga or Deathwish too you? I seem to remember telling everyone else about them :erk:

You will have to recommend me some Edguy though. I might give them a second chance :p

anvil said:
I can't remember :D I can remember how I described my love of the first two Annilator albums, it wasn't the best way to describe it while people were eating :ill:

Did I mention a band called Toranga or Deathwish too you? I seem to remember telling everyone else about them :erk:

You will have to recommend me some Edguy though. I might give them a second chance :p

Hey Anvil!

Mandrake cd for ed-guy...or if you wanna re-live Bloodstock try Burning down the opera live......AND - thanks for the Pizza. Think I owe you a drink still! Would definitely be cool if you came over again.

POWERQUEST though made it for me on friday night - they were awesome and surpassed my expectations after Wednesday. Only disappointment - having to be on second row instead of hanging on the barriers! ( Managed it for Masterplan and EDguy though !)
Also, what made it so special is that the band are just sooo nice!! Great to meet them all and talented too!!! Steve was awesome on keyboards, Allessio's voice soared, Andre's guitar was emotional, stunning and fast ( bet hardly anyone reaslised a guitarist was missing), Gavin on drums oozed confidence and power, Steve on bass was commanding .....wow! Pretty cool!
:Spin:

Greetings,

Though I have loved Power-Quest since getting their flyer at bloodstock02, this is the first time I have had the ability to post on these forums.
Bloodstock03 was easily the best musical experience I have ever been involved in, and my hat is off to Power-Quest. For a year they have been my favourite band and two see them two days running was incredible. Thursday night at the vic inn was mind-blowing. The first time seeing them and hearing my favourite song 'Glory Tonight' was astounding. I went crazy at the front singing along to all of the songs from the 'Wings of Forever' album.
Then came Friday night, once again I managed to struggle my way to the front after enduring a wonderful sleep in the car, a thundering hang-over and a relatively dull show from 5th man down. I thought I knew what to expect then, how wrong I was. Alessio looked incredible on the big stage, interacting with the crowd and band members. Steve W singing along too, showing how much he enjoyed playing. And then the two guitarists, bass and 6 string showing just what Power-quest are like on the strings. With congratulations to the young drummer, he filled in perfectly and the frantic aggression on his face was a delight to see.
Well there's my thoughts about the gig, and I made sure to let the band know how good they were on both thursday and friday. With a bit of luck, next time I see poqer-quest I will have somewhere to stay that doesn't leave me with arthritis in my back.

!:cry: I am so upset. I didn't get to see PQ Live... for I live in America...The land of hiphop wannabes and rednecks...:ill:

o_O PQ look into my eyes...Come To America....Come To America.... Come To The Southern Part of North America..... o_O You are now under my control PQ...:saint:BNC

Lydian Lady said:
Hey Anvil!

Mandrake cd for ed-guy...or if you wanna re-live Bloodstock try Burning down the opera live......AND - thanks for the Pizza. Think I owe you a drink still! Would definitely be cool if you came over again.

Hey

Mandrake shall be added to my List of Steel but I'm only buying one copy not 25 :D I'll definitely be over for next years Bloodstock :kickass: We can go for Pizza again but this time I'll try and stay a bit more sober :saint:

you sure missed a fantastic show (and tour) ..... the boys were on form 24-7 .... thought your interaction with fans at the venue and hotel was awsome .... i think i may be able to refer to myself as a 'fan' .... that would be of the brilliant simon (the merch man) who kept me entertained for hours with his 'rude things' ....

si ... if you post on this forum .... you were so busy doing rude things :oops: ..... that i laughed so much and forgot to enquire about you posting.... THANKS for looking after us while the band was otherwise occupied .... do you think they were doing rude things??? teeeeee heeeeeeee ....

do you think the band had as much fun as the rest of the people backstage .....

andrea and alessio ..... your shirts fit me perfectly :saint: ....
gav .... it was a pleasure :Shedevil: (smooooooove)
steve s ..... maybe next time :bah: ....
steve williams .... you are a star :worship: .... if we dye our hair red .... may we join your fan club .......