Bloody Swan is dead, long live Swany!

Awww... Markus!

I was just changing my signature and you're already posting a WHOLE thread for ME! :oops: [i just hope no one feels annoyed o_O]
You're always one step faster than me! *hihi*

Ehr yeah... so now to make it official: I ehr... had my name changed *lawl* ... I bet at least one person will ask for the reasons, so here we go:
It was a band, it was bad... I was there only for one month ... blablabla ... I didn't like that name at all (;

@Gorik: I'd prefer a cake without chocolate...

Reactions: Skaldir
Ouuuh Martijn :) you're what we'd call an Erbsenzähler ;)

Well, you maybe heard Unicorn saying 'Swany' at the meeting... I think we Germans rather pronounce it Swaanie ... like Dan *cough* Swanö *cough* just with an y/ie at the end.
But refering to it from the british pronounced Swan => Swon it would be really pronounced Swonny, but not written Swanny... as Swan itself already sounds as if it has 2 n ...

:D

@Androz: Beware! I choke thee with my holy hair! :heh:

Swany said:
Ouuuh Martijn :) you're what we'd call an Erbsenzähler ;)

Well, you maybe heard Unicorn saying 'Swany' at the meeting... I think we Germans rather pronounce it Swaanie ... like Dan *cough* Swanö *cough* just with an y/ie at the end.
But refering to it from the british pronounced Swan => Swon it would be really pronounced Swonny, but not written Swanny... as Swan itself already sounds as if it has 2 n ...

:D
In Dutch we call it 'mierenneuker' which literally translates to 'ant-fucker'. :D

Swan is pronounced like Swon because it has no e in the end, like swane, then it would be pronounced as swayne. So Swany should technically be pronounced as sway-nie (given it's an English word!), but who carrrres, a name is a name.

English pronounciation makes no sense anyway! I mean, ear is pronounced as ir. So then bear should be pronounced as bir, but no! That is pronounced as bare.. :rolleyes: :Smug:

I'll just think of it as a German word, then I can sleep without a care again. :saint:

a terrible doubt crosses my mind now... :D
is the 'w' there supposed to sound like the german or the english one? basically... svanie... or... sw(ua)nie? :p

Look Markus, what you did... you're causing headaches :D

@Martijn: Yeah... uhm... whatever *lol* but yes, keep it the german way and sleep well =)
[Ant-fucker? *thihi* now that's weird :rolleyes: ]

@Hobo: Yes, and exactly that's the way how we Germans pronounce that [maybe the 'a' might have an open ending]... and Swany too... I just forgot to care about the 'w' ... so thank you ... and hope this also answers Miss scarlets question ;D
I suggest we all take the German way ... swany with 'w' like 'v' in victory and a long clear 'a' and a 'y' like in destiny.
Everyone's happy now? :loco:

By the way... how to pronounce "Cerulean"??? :p french, german or english?