Blue Murder

†Russel Allen†®

The King of Terrors
Jul 25, 2002
SP - Brazil
www.symphonyx.com
ANYBODY KNOWS THIS BAND?!?!?!?!?!

Pretty awesome, discovered 'em today on the Heavy Metal audio channel of my DBS system.

Listen to "Valley of the Kings"! Pretty awesome song!!

The singer even reminds me of Sir Russ, sometimes, though the band's sound have NOTHING similar with Symphony X! They're pretty much like Millenium, or TEN, but pretty cool, too...!! ;)

I do!
I saw them live twice, in Japan. Great energetic show each time. Very good melodic British hard rock, with a mix of Thin Lizzy (of which John Sykes, guitar and vocals for Blue Murder, was once a part).

They have two studio releases as Blue Murder, the first, self-titled release, and then "Nothin' But Trouble." They released a live CD, then renamed the band "Sykes," but with basically the same line-up. Sykes has three studio releases, with the first two like the two Blue Murder releases for the most part, and the third a bit different, though still with the same types of melody. John Sykes also put out an all-mellow-songs CD, which is pretty good.

Earlier stuff with John Sykes includes a couple of early Tygers of Pantang albums, Thin Lizzy's final studio release, and a couple of live albums, and Whitesnake's 1987 release that sold 50 bazillion copies. (Sykes is the one who made it a metal album instead of a blues-rock album.)

Another piece of John Sykes trivia is that Pretty Maids did a cover of "Please Don't Leave Me," a song on which John collaborated with Thin Lizzy's Phil Lynott. The original and the cover were both major hits in Japan. Phil does the vocals on the original.

YES! Know who Blue Murder is here!!

Love, John's Style of playing! He was awesome w/Whitesnake!
Accually when he sings alot of times he reminds me sooo much of "David Coverdale" its not even funny..:p Must of been from all that back up singing w/David!:yell:heehee!
One of my fav. Blue Muder songs is "We all fall down".
Off the "Nothin' but trouble" cd!!
Check it out!

john sykes is one underrated man,the guy sings great plays guitar and also he wrote is this love and here i go again for whitesnake, his cd's are really good and i heard he has brought back blue murder and is working on a new cd, it should be great

underullospell said:
Accually when he sings alot of times he reminds me sooo much of "David Coverdale" its not even funny..:

He does a pretty mean Phil Lynott as well. ("We All Fall Down" is rather Thin Lizzy-esque, in my opinion.

viking>>Actually, "Here I Go Again" on that album was a newer version of an older Whitesnake song, but the great emotional melodies on that album were definitely heavily influenced by John Sykes, though John himself said that he was influenced by David Coverdale as well, especially with singing.

Again, he's great live!