Blue Oyster Cult @ Naperville Ribfest July 6

they also just used a deep cut song some die hards may know..."Don't Fear The Reaper" in the last episode of Orange is the New Black.

also has anyone else seen Stoned Age? make sure when you go see them at Ribfest you don't get shot in the eye with a laser.

here is video of pat and jason driving to BOC....

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoned Age rules!!!!

I know what Pat is saying, but Bob hit the nail on the head...

BOC does periodically play for the blue hairs at the ARCADA, but I personally am not going to pay $75 to see them.

I am in no way a "die hard". I like them enough where I want to see em live and would be happy to hear the hits.

Now a band like Uriah Heep is different, but I am more of a fan and own many of their albums and know them beyond the hits.

I know this one guy who literally all summer will go to as many street fairs / ribfest events to see as many classic bands as he can. he will literally see about 20 -30 bands in one summer that normally also tour on their own so he can see a bunch at these types of events. Sure it isn't the best place to see them but if you want to just hear the hits....you can't beat it.

Also what is worse is the drunk white ladies dancing up front.

I love BOC, but I think you're overreacting a bit there Patty Watty if you think seeing them at Ribfest will ruin the band for you.

you will never be able to get a hot pretzel or ice cream at any club they play so this is your one stop shopping my good man. Enjoy "Don't Fear the Reaper", "Godzilla" and "Burnin' For You" and enjoy an ice cream sandwich! You just need to LIVE LIFE EASY.

Also what is worse is the drunk white ladies dancing up front.

Really? I figured you would call this "opportunity"!!!! :)

As I said, I know what Pat means.

I saw Priest at Summerfest (for the British Steel anniversary tour) where the majority of the crowd didn't sing along to anything except for Breakin and Livin..... Kind of takes away a little bit when you see a band you like in a crowd of non-fans.....

Though for me, I am content to see them on a nice summer night for $15 or whatever.

you will never be able to get a hot pretzel or ice cream at any club they play so this is your one stop shopping my good man. Enjoy "Don't Fear the Reaper", "Godzilla" and "Burnin' For You" and enjoy an ice cream sandwich! You just need to LIVE LIFE EASY.

Mmmmmmm hot pretzel...

Really? I figured you would call this "opportunity"!!!! :)

As I said, I know what Pat means.

I saw Priest at Summerfest (for the British Steel anniversary tour) where the majority of the crowd didn't sing along to anything except for Breakin and Livin..... Kind of takes away a little bit when you see a band you like in a crowd of non-fans.....

Though for me, I am content to see them on a nice summer night for $15 or whatever.

That Priest show was great at Summerfest, but calling it odd would be an understtatement. The fact that you had to stand up on seats of benches was bizarre.

That Priest show was great at Summerfest, but calling it odd would be an understtatement. The fact that you had to stand up on seats of benches was bizarre.

You were there??

Yeah, we had to suffer through an hour of a crappy cover band before them just to ensure we got a good spot. We worked our way up to about 10 rows back