Blues guitarist- Fiona Boyes

Ralphe

Go the ROOSTERS!
Jun 11, 2001
Sydney
Visit site
Hello eveyone,
I know this is a metal place (specifically Maiden) but i thought i might share a story about a blues guitarist that i saw play last week.One of the great joys about seeing live music is that every now and then you stumble upon something very special.Last weekend i went on a harbour cruise on Sydney Harbour which featured some of Australia's girls of the blues (most of them play in their own bands with other guys but today was just the girls plus a couple of token guys getting together for a bit of a jam on the harbour).Anyway,about half-way through the day a girl from Melbourne got up and played accoustic guitar by herself.This is one of the most amazing guitarists i have seen for a long time playing a style that is not played my many people(at least not in Australia that i know of).This is accoustic finger-picking blues played by a girl called Fiona Boyes.If anyone is interested the CD is called Blues in my Heart.It has been a long long time since i have come accross a CD that i have loved so much.I am guessing i have probably listened to it 10 times in a week and a half

I don't know if she has a web page(or samples to download) but i do know that her other band(when she's not playing by herself) is the Mojos.She is form Melbourne and the record company is Black Market Music