Boards of Canada - Trans Canada Highway

I've been meaning to hear this, it has remixes of stuff from the last album? I wasn't really paying attention to this release, I was thinking it was just a single for Dayvan Cowboy or something pointless.

and not clicking the link since I'm at work, but is it the video for Dayvan Cowboy? I'm too curious to just wait until I get home to find out if I don't have to. :p

I was VERY excited when I saw this on the End, then I found out it is an EP. :( Boards of Canada are one of my favorite electronica bands, though, and I don't care what anyone says, I enjoy Campfire Headphase just as much as Geogaddi.

Also, if this is said video, I wish it would have gone to something other than SURFING. The atmosphere up until then is intense, and surfing dude kinda kills it for me.

I thought I posted something about "lolz at the end" but then i added onto my post and my original post vanished. I have no idea what happened

yeah at first I was like "uhh hmmmmm" and chalked it up to me being INCREDIBLY sleepy cause my deparment went out to cracker barrel for lunch and I got this giant stack of buttermilk pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream and it came with eggs and sausage and cheesy hashbrowns and OH MAN I'M SO FULL AND SLEEPY, but then I noticed you responded to my post I imagined posting but didn't think I really did so I was kinda freaked out by it so I had to smooth it over by mentioning it just so you wouldn't be confused as well and I'm out of things to add to my run on sentence.

I still stand by my comment, where ever it may have gone.

and also by my comment of OH MAN I'M SO FULL OF PANCAKES

yeah, so, this EP is pretty much pointless. The new tracks are nice, but it's basically an unfulfilling listen, and not just because it's an EP, since their previous EPs have still been legendary.

i like boards of canada, but this song and video seem really short. the song is half static and not much happends in the video. it seems like the beginning of something, not the whole thing. bleh.

Contrary to popular belief, I really like this EP... its not like their other stuff... comparisions to their other stuff with this, is hard I find. I also like the video too. Its very calming.

yes, there is a difference in styles lately, and while I like their direction now as well, but I haven't quite grasped it as much as the route they previously went. I do think the tracks in the middle of the EP bring back more of their olden sound than was present on the last full length; perhaps that was their point with this release, since from a lot of the reviews I read the critics were less than thrilled with the more acoustically driven sound of TCH. *edit: and logically that response was knee-jerk just because IT WAS DIFFERENT.

Taking their style into consideration and what I like to listen to, it adds up to me theoretically having a greater appreciation for what they evolved to on The Campfire Headphase..

I just need to listen to it more, I've hardly digested it to the level of their previous full lengths.