Bobby Blitz had stroke!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
What is it with lead vocalists from the "second tier" of american thrash. (The first tier being the Big 4, the second consisting of Testament, Overkill, and Exodus) Chuck Billy has cancer, Balloff is no longer among the living, and now Blitz has had a stroke. Blitz always struck me as one who's stage mania was chemically induced. I guess he had a stroke on stage recently. I read on the Pantera BB, so it could be just a rumor.

I read that too, but without a link I usually don't pay much attention til I find it somewhere else.

As for what's happening, I'd say that they're getting old, and lived lives that age them way faster than say, you or I would. Okay, faster than I would, you're right up there with them. :)

It's true. Blitz did have a stroke. From the Overkill website www.wreckingcrew.com:

Posted By: webmaster Monday, July 1, 2002

As most of you know, Blitz collapsed on stage at a show in Nurmberg and was taken to the hospital by paramedics. After some tests he was diagnosed as having had a minor stroke. He was held for 2 days for tests and was released. He is currently still in Europe where he is taking it easy for a few weeks. Doctors said he we make a full recovery and will be 100%! He needs to take some time off for the next few weeks and then Overkill will be in Pre production for a new studio release in Feb of next year.

Thanks for everyone's concerns and good wishes, and we will return the favor by kicking the shit out of you guys with some shows in the fall!!!!!

Originally posted by TD
What is it with lead vocalists from the "second tier" of american thrash. (The first tier being the Big 4, the second consisting of Testament, Overkill, and Exodus) Chuck Billy has cancer, Balloff is no longer among the living, and now Blitz has had a stroke. Blitz always struck me as one who's stage mania was chemically induced. I guess he had a stroke on stage recently. I read on the Pantera BB, so it could be just a rumor.

It's true...but it was just a minor stroke.

And Chuck Billy has fully recovered from the cancer.

Yeah these things just suck ass. Even though Blitz dissed me like shit when I wanted to talk to him back in Prague after the show, I guess he´s had enough of shit already and I hope he´s okay and "with full force" soon.