Bogner Uberkab vs Mesa Oversized

Sly

Feb 8, 2006
Grenoble, FRANCE
www.myspace.com
Anyone already ABed them ?

I own an Uberkab which I think sounds very good but the Mesa Oversized seems to have "that" sound, very smooth with big and tight low end, I always liked the samples recorded with a Mesa OS posted on here..
I'd love to have opinions there.

I'd stick with the Bogner, I'm not as much of a fan of the (comparitively) scooped sound of the Mesa

Thanks for the advices, Metaltastic do you like your Stiletto cab ?
I think Mesa OS sounds particularely great with the 5150, that's why I think to change, but the best would be to AB the Uberkab and Mesa OS side by side.

PS : the bassist from my band Stillrise is currently in NYC for one month, from what he said over MSN he really enjoys it :)

I think Mesa OS sounds particularely great with the 5150, that's why I think to change, but the best would be to AB the Uberkab and Mesa OS side by side.

PS : the bassist from my band Stillrise is currently in NYC for one month, from what he said over MSN he really enjoys it :)

Yeah Mesa OS sounds awesome with 6505 - here's something I did with that setup.

the mesa OS is a pretty good cab, tho i think they're overpriced for what you get

personally i'd stick with the bogner, if it's not giving you exactly what you want, you may wanna think about taking out those gt75's and going with all v30's

Awesome man, I'm glad he's enjoying it! I don't live there anymore (1.5 hours north now), but I grew up there for 16 years, and it's a hell of a place, definitely!

And yeah, I'm really diggin' my Stiletto cab so far; I've only been able to try it with my JSX, which is not the best test :mad:, but I think I'm gonna be really happy with it! Also, Mesa doesn't use any sound deadening stuff in their cabs, whereas I think Bogner does; you could try opening up your Uberkab and pulling out any of the sound deadening to see if you prefer the sound that way (and post comparison clips please, I'm curious too! ;))