Bogus Woods tape on eBay?

Darth Grimby

Hell's Satans - \m/oncton
Jul 20, 2002
www.theundergrowth.com
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Woods-Ypres-...pt=AU_Tapes&hash=item33732fd800#ht_500wt_1413

So this guy is selling "#267/300" in a hand-numbered release of these tapes. The problem is that the run of 300 was never actually made. Only 50 of these were made, numbered 1-50 by Dave himself, and it was only thanks to Dave who had to take matters into his own hands after he got shafted by "Night Birds Records". (the information is in another thread on this forum).

So it got me thinking, is this tape actually bogus, or did the other 250 booklets produced by this Night Birds Records actually get out there? I tried to track these down before and never found anything until now.

Anybody have more information on these?

I own #17/300. But yeah, I remember something about 50 being released first, as a 1. edition, and 250 were supposed to follow. Didn't hear about the rest either.

I own the #1/50 copy. I remember David telling me, the other 250, were given out, sold, but were never hand numbered, just the first 50, no more, no less.

I own the #1/50 copy. I remember David telling me, the other 250, were given out, sold, but were never hand numbered, just the first 50, no more, no less.

Did some digging into my posts, and found what he said...

"Hey David
If its limited to 50 copies, how come its numbered 300 on the insert?"

Good question! So here's the story...

About a year ago, the main dude from a kind of famous metal band from Romania (how many can you name?) offered to release "Woods 1" on cassette in Europe on his cassette label, 'Night Bird Records'. The deal, as we understood it, was he would print 300 tapes total, and send us 75 of them for us to sell, distribute, give away, etc... A few months later, I get a little envelope in the mail with 50 some tape covers, only, no tapes. Meanwhile, I see his tapes show up on a number of distros lists, but I never actually saw what they look like. The covers of ours went into a box...wtf was I about to do with 50 tape covers but no tapes??? Why would I agree to that?

A year and a half later, and back in Canada, I get Troy @ Storm Musician Services in B.C., Canada to print me up some white tapes to go along with my tape covers to finally make use of these things. Timing was cool here, to coincide with the 6 year anniversary of the album (first released in September 2002). The tapes that I have are numbered 1-50 on both the cover and the cassette label itself, + autographed and packed up myself.

A vinyl release is next!

So, 1-50 are David's release, while 51-300 are the Romanian release. I hope people will just forget about 51-300, after that jackass screwed David over.

I have #42/300, signed by David. I might be selling it, if you're interested shoot me a pm.