Bolt Thrower

Manic Ferocity

Nov 5, 2006
Itt we praise the finest WAR metal band on the planet -- the mighty BOLT THROWER. Any detractors will be respectively redirected to various Ross Bay Cult online retail distros where you can purchase your favorite Revenge hoodie (don't worry, there's hundreds). This thread isn't for you.

Favorite album? Mine has been ...for Victory as of late. Tons of pummeling women-and-children-murdering death metal riffs with enough atmosphere to make blackgaze proprietors reconsider what genre they're playing.

Discuss.

REALM OF CHAOS innit. they're not one of my favourite DM bands or anything but i think they must be one of the most consistent metal bands ever.

speaking of ...FOR VICTORY, 'armageddon bound' was the song that got me into them.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
Realm of Chaos is a close second for me. I used to prefer War Master but it's definitely not as consistent. The former sounds like a merciless onslaught throughout, while the latter has some of the band's finest moments, but occasionally stagnates while the band takes prisoners (psh).

Those Once Loyal is great. I like how the band refuses to release another album until they personally feel like they've topped that album. More bands should take up that attitude.

I'm comfortable calling In Battle There is No Law! death metal but it is a bit grindier. You can hear the traces of grind left over in Realm of Chaos as well.

I dig War Master but I never delved far into their later stuff. Just listened to Those Once Loyal in its entirety, it's really good. There's some pretty groove parts in there for Bolt Thrower.

I'm a Realm of Chaos fanboy myself I just think everything is awsome with, from the crushing riffs to the perfect production.