Bonus DVD

bunny-pancake.jpg

I found it too difficult to get my hands on this damn DVD, so I'm gonna have to purchase a regular edition at the store tomorrow. This really hurts me to have to do this because I've been looking forward to the whole package for quit some time... but I'm so damn excited for PL regardless (I haven't heard a single thing from it yet).

i put the dvd on today, lets just say you wouldnt put it on for someone whos never heard the band before. half the time they would have no idea what was going on because the sound quality was so bad.

Symphony X need to do a live orchestra dvd, and get the guys who taped the Metallica S&M to record it, because that show just had amazing taping.. really blended well with every song.. very good I think, and yes this is my smelly asshole

Got the special edition in the mail today. I must say this DVD is pretty disappointing. What a shame that we finally get some live footage of the band, but the sound quality is so bad I can't even make it through an entire song. The Odyssey Part II was the only one of the bunch that sounded decent, and that's just the beginning when Russ is singing by himself.

I haven't found this mysterious behind the scenes documentary that was advertised though. Does anybody know what the deal is with that?

No doco, no bonus track, just some bootleg quality live performances. I wouldn't be too dissappointed about not owning the dvd, you can see some better quality videos of Symphony X on youtube...

Luckily the cd is so unbelievably awesome that I don't really care... :D

And there is some footage from Japan early on, but the picture is too bad for me to see whether its Miller or not... :erk:

Thomas Miller never played with the band during live shows! On their first tour (in Japan, right after Twilight) they had a substitute bass player because for some reason Miller did not want to go on tour. Shortly after this (and before recording V) they got Lepond. It's that simple.

OK, now i've been "subjected" to this DVD aswell. Well that was frankly pretty awful and not worth owning really, watching videos of them at youtube is better. But hey, at least i have an official DVD of them now!