BOOM!

I've never heard of this guy before and checked out his Expert Village videos. I......I am AMAZED by this guy.

Somewhat off-topic, there's a guy running a studio around here that spews the same type of bullshit as Tad. Here's a few highlights.

Regarding the MXL 990: "The MXL990 by Marshall is a true, phantom powered, condenser mic with a 6 micron, 20mm gold-sputtered diaphragm. It has a high quality FET preamp and a balanced output. There are much more expensive mics on the market that don't even come close to the sound I get from this mic! I have 2 of these"

The Presonus StudioLive: " This console is one of the reasons we are now the MOST ADVANCED studio in the entire area!"

Debating real amps vs. modelers with me on Facebook: "I have not used Axe FX, and in fact I have never heard of it. Might be because I have been using Guitar Rig, and didn't go searching for anything else because it works so well. I am one of a select group of people who have been able to use GR in real time with acceptable/negligable lag time, which is the best of the digital world. I also use Line 6 products, and have been very impressed after some deep editing. Anyone who says they can hear the difference is probably talking about all the noise they can hear from the tube amp, and hasn't heard a deep-edited Flextone II Plus through a PA. The modeling is getting so close, people are sure to be failing blindfold tests or just plain lying about it. I have nothing against pure tube balls, just saying digital has come a long way, and for me, is sometimes better for recording due to (1) the ability to record WITH a tone, and change it later to what I want, and (2) the overall SNR of a digitally-recorded guitar part. I like both, but digital is much more flexible, cheaper, easier and faster. I should also mention that I've been running this studio open to the public since 2003"

And then his second post: "I agree you can't hear the hum while the guitar is playing, but it's there. I feel it contributes to the overall "muddiness" of your mix, especially if you are only tracking a few instruments. I have also heard the difference the removal of a hum can make to a track due to the media transfers I do when I remove tape hiss from a cassette, for example, but I know that's a dramatic example and we are talking about less noise, but I think it makes a difference, and so can EQ after the digital guitar track is recorded, as with any track, of course."

Alright, back to the BOOM!!