BOOTLEGGING AUDIENCE

JochanaanNL

New Metal Member
Jun 19, 2008
Saw CC perform last night in Paradiso, Amsterdam. It was great and they rocked my socks of. But one thing bothered me. I haven't been to any metal concerts for a long time so I was surprised to see that over 15 people around the pit-aeria spent the entire concert filming with their phones or digital cameras. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against a nice bootleg but what the fuck? I felt as if being in a museum! This music is about moving your ass! What are these people thinking at the end of the concert? "Great! I've got it all on film! Now let's get home quickly so I can actually see the concert!"
I think it's fucking lame. What's the point of a live concert when it's made into a private recording session? Sure it's nice to post a song on youtube but how much do you need? The sound is crap anyway.

So I'd like to say:
STOP FILMING, START MOSHING

Saw CC perform last night in Paradiso, Amsterdam. It was great and they rocked my socks of. But one thing bothered me. I haven't been to any metal concerts for a long time so I was surprised to see that over 15 people around the pit-aeria spent the entire concert filming with their phones or digital cameras. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against a nice bootleg but what the fuck? I felt as if being in a museum! This music is about moving your ass! What are these people thinking at the end of the concert? "Great! I've got it all on film! Now let's get home quickly so I can actually see the concert!"
I think it's fucking lame. What's the point of a live concert when it's made into a private recording session? Sure it's nice to post a song on youtube but how much do you need? The sound is crap anyway.

So I'd like to say:
STOP FILMING, START MOSHING

yeah, i understand your point. i recognized it, too. but i dont really care..there are a lot of people like me who want to feel the music and move their ass...and if there are some people who only film...wayne?! i have my fun and the other guys too. but youre right!

:headbang:

Its not about the bootlegging. People now only go to gigs so they can take a photo and say they were there. In Lonodn so many people turned their back on the gig to have a a photo taken with a mate !

As you say one song to post on you tube yes great. But to be honest I have seen people at a live footie games videoing it on their phone, which wouldn't be sooo bad except the game was live on Sky, set the video/dvd recorder or sky plus you muppet :mad: