BOREALIS - World of Silence MMXVII

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
Canadian prog power metal act Borealis to release re-recorded version of their debut album "World Of Silence" on January 27th!

‘World Of Silence MMXVII’ is an entirely re-recorded and remixed version of the debut album by Canadian progressive power metal band BOREALIS. Originally released in 2008, this 2016 remix now sees these songs officially made available through a label for the very first time! The diehard fanbase surely will be amazed by the massive improvement on sound and performance over the original recordings. ‘World Of Silence MMXVII’ is a must have for all prog power metal lovers!

“We were in talks with AFM about re-releasing ‘World Of Silence’ when we suddenly thought “why not re-record the entire album for this occasion?”, BOREALIS singer/guitarist Matt Marinelli says.
“It was originally self-released in 2008. A lot has happened since then. The band has evolved a lot and two more albums were released in 2011’s ‘Fall From Grace’ and 2015’s ‘Purgatory’. So making this re-issue of ‘World Of Silence’ a representation of what BOREALIS is about in 2017 made sense for us. We are in the fortunate position that our drummer Sean Dowell runs his own studio, so recording, mixing/mastering didn’t cause any problems for us in this case.”

After finishing work on ‘World Of Silence MMXVII’, BOREALIS has two more exciting projects for 2017:
in April, the band will re-release their 2011 album ‘Fall From Grace’ via AFM and has already continued songwriting for their upcoming studio album with all new material, which will drop in Autumn 2017.

Tracklist:
01. Lost Voices
02. Midnight City
03. From The Fading Screams
04. Forget The Past
05. Eyes Of A Dream
06. World Of Silence
07. The Afterlife
08. Divine Answer
09. The Dawning Light
10. Black Rose

Pre-order: http://shop.afm-records.de/en/borealis-en

15626543_10155707684718228_4642031029605885417_o.jpg

Last edited:
Lost Voices (Re-recorded) is up on their Spotify for those who are curious.

As much as it pains me to say it, I prefer the original version. Of course the mixing is better, but Matt just sounds strained and exhausted here (although maybe less than Purgatory). This sounds much darker and lower, but it makes sense since it isn't exactly a cheerful song to begin with.

Oh well, I had to shit that out. I still pre-ordered it to support them. :kickass:

Last edited:
OUCH - I hate to say this but I am passing on this one. This one stings a bit. I LOVED Fall From Grace. The melodic vocals and the heavy riffing blew me away. Purgatory - I liked but what threw me off was the vocals. Like Matt gave a harsher vocal performance this time out. Loved Rest My Child but the other songs were just okay for me. Listening to these 2 songs - production sounds great but the Vocals are more like Purgatory. The vocals are a little rough. I feel like the melody and smoothness in Matt's voice is gone. Am I the only one that feels like this? Like I said, Fall From Grace - LOVED and thought Matt sounded awesome. Not sure what happened.

Thanks,
Brand

Nope I unfortunately feel the same way. He's sounding lower and less expressive than before for some reason, like he's bored as hell. This hasn't really made me reconsider buying the album "again", but after hearing some of the other tracks... :puke:

Yeah, so... yeah... I don't really care about their next album. :(

Last edited:
It's been released and shipped today. Now to wait a few weeks.

I listened to it on Spotify and went through some mixed emotions. I'm a little disappointed in Matt's strained vocals (does he smoke a lot or something? Listen to the title track for a good example of what I mean), but no reason to not support them for this album I guess. Some songs I didn't care for much on the original are changed for the better, and definitely benefit from the lower tone. Others I felt were better on the former. Matt's vocals in Eyes of a Dream are much higher in the chorus, but you can hear how hard he's straining himself hitting those high notes. So it's not exactly what I was hoping for yet expected. Not too bad though? Like I said - mixed emotions. :(

Last edited: