BOREALIS sign to Lion Music; new CD "Fall From Grace"

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
from www.melodicrock.com:

"Lion Music are delighted to announce the signing of Canadian power metallers Borealis who will release their new album Fall From Grace on May 20. With soaring vocals, lightning fast guitars and a rock solid backline, Borealis is bringing leather back, and dragging power metal up with it. It's been that way from the start for these Canadian guys: all or nothing, and it shows in their music. Musically Borealis leans towards the classic power metal sound, not too far removed from bands such as Evergrey or even Savatage in their prime, but also the more progressive bands like Vanden Plas or Dream Theater springs to mind here and there. It's all about energy, aggression, melodies and finesse - and Borealis has it all in spades.
With an independently released debut safely in the bag, the band took it upon themselves to give ProgPower USA one heck of a kick-start when they visited the world famous festival in September of 2010, and with a 45 minute set comprised of songs from both the upcoming disc "Fall From Grace" as well as the debut made sure all 1100 people in attendance would leave with a positive memory of Borealis.
Their forthcoming offering Fall From Grace is sure to see the buzz generated by the bands performance at ProgPower USA reach a larger audience worldwide on May 20. Full release information to follow shortly. www.borealisband.com."

from www.melodicrock.com:

"Lion Music are delighted to announce the signing of Canadian power metallers Borealis who will release their new album Fall From Grace on May 20. With soaring vocals, lightning fast guitars and a rock solid backline, Borealis is bringing leather back, and dragging power metal up with it. It's been that way from the start for these Canadian guys: all or nothing, and it shows in their music. Musically Borealis leans towards the classic power metal sound, not too far removed from bands such as Evergrey or even Savatage in their prime, but also the more progressive bands like Vanden Plas or Dream Theater springs to mind here and there. It's all about energy, aggression, melodies and finesse - and Borealis has it all in spades.
With an independently released debut safely in the bag, the band took it upon themselves to give ProgPower USA one heck of a kick-start when they visited the world famous festival in September of 2010, and with a 45 minute set comprised of songs from both the upcoming disc "Fall From Grace" as well as the debut made sure all 1100 people in attendance would leave with a positive memory of Borealis.
Their forthcoming offering Fall From Grace is sure to see the buzz generated by the bands performance at ProgPower USA reach a larger audience worldwide on May 20. Full release information to follow shortly. www.borealisband.com."

More good news to come :)

Very glad to hear this. Great band and great bunch of guys. Sorry to hear that the guitarist is leaving the band, but I'm sure they'll find a worthy replacement and continue to move forward. Hoping that "more good news" is a tour that comes my way!

Canadian power metal act BOREALIS will release their new album “Fall From Grace” in Japan on April 13, 2011 through Hydrant Music / EMI Music. The album will make its world debut on May 20, 2011 through Lion Music.

The band is extremely psyched about signing with two labels, Hydrant and Lion Music for their respective territories, and are also looking forward to collaborating with them on promotion of the upcoming album.

borealis_pic.jpg

With soaring vocals, lightning fast guitars and a rock solid backline, BOREALIS is bringing leather back, and dragging power metal up with it. It's been that way from the start for these Canadian guys: all or nothing, and it shows in their music. Musically, BOREALIS leans towards the classic power metal sound; not too far removed from bands such as Evergrey or even Savatage in their prime. Also, the more progressive bands like Vanden Plas or Dream Theater ocassionally spring to mind. It's all about energy, aggression, melodies and finesse - and BOREALIS has it all in spades.

With an independently released debut “World Of Silence” safely in the bag, the band took it upon themselves to give ProgPower USA one heck of a kick-start when they visited the world famous festival in September 2010. With a 45 minute set comprised of songs from both the upcoming disc “Fall From Grace” as well as their debut, they made sure all 1,100 people in attendance would leave with a positive memory of BOREALIS.

Produced and mixed by Jordan Valeriote in Ontario, Canada and mastered by Tomas Johansson at the world famous Panic Room Studios in Sweden (known for a.o. Scar Symmetry, Warrior Soul, Miseration), this album is a sonic masterpiece. And topped by the fantastic artwork by Frank Fiedler, the entire package comes off as one of this year’s most impressive power metal releases.

news_borealis020211.jpg

Their forthcoming offering “Fall From Grace” is sure to see the buzz generated by both their debut album and ProgPower USA performance, and will certainly reach a larger audience world-wide come April and May 2011.

CHECK OUT THE NEW SONG "FINEST HOUR" HERE:
http://www.intromental.org/music/borealis.mp3

www.borealisband.com
www.myspace.com/borealismetal

Oh my god, that song sounds fucking awesome, consider me even more excited for this now.

...A bit too much growling for my tastes though, hope it's not on a ton of songs on the disc.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call it subtle. It's very noticeable.

Hmmm, to each his own. I think it compliments the aggressiveness of the music on this song. Luckily for you it is the only song on the album featuring the "death screams" (it's a guest singer doing them on "Finest Hour").

Also, I love the cover art, but I think it would've been better if the band had more of a logo, not just a relatively simple font.

Yeah, that's a valid comment, and we had thought about that. The big issue here is that the bands old logo was pretty ugly and we did not want to keep using that one. It takes time to come up with a good looking logo that the band would want to use for the rest of their career, so until we have that ready, we won't be using one. Instead we went for a simple, easy-readable font.

The new song sounds terrific! I thought the screams were very subtle, in fact, not sure I would have even noticed them had it not been pointed out. I don't mind screams or growls at all though.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. :danceboy: