Borealis to Support Saxon in Upcoming North American Tour

I saw the show at Jaxx on Friday night. Damn, that was an awesome show. Friggan LOVED Borealis. Was cool that the singer even remembered me from ProgPower. I was standing back by the bar when he came up to me and asked me if I was at ProgPower. I said yes I was and was like "Wait, you are the Borealis singer!". I came in late so I pretty much missed the opening band (I saw like the last two songs). I don't know who they were and what I did hear, did not really appeal to me anyway, so no real loss there.

What was really cool was that quite a few of the folks there never even heard of Borealis and some even asked me if I was familiar with them. I said yes I was and had been a fan for the past couple of years and that everybody here should be in for a real treat if the performance was anything like I saw at ProgPower.

Well, needless to say, they put on one hell of a show and people in the audience were just flabbergasted! I was hearing comments like "Holy Shit those guys are good! I am buying a CD!" and the like. One guy even said "Hell, I oughta just leave now and I'd still be happy with what I saw tonight" and this was before Saxon even came on. I just stood there and was like "I told you so!".

The only downside were a couple of drunk fucks during the Saxon set that decided they either needed to push up through the crowd or get into a fight or whatever. Was getting annoyed that they were also spilling beer on pretty much everyone around them (including on myself). I think one of the bouncers finally yanked them out of the crowd.

Anyway, a couple of quick shots from the Jaxx show:

Borealis:

Saxon011Medium.jpg

Saxon018Medium.jpg

Saxon024Medium.jpg

Saxon:

Saxon046Medium.jpg

Saxon042Medium.jpg

Saxon038Medium.jpg