Borknagar.com

To read those myspace pages you have to go to them and add them which is the same as RSS feed or Email newsletters.
i knew you would say that, and you're right :) however, i've been on myspace for 4 years (i believe) and gradually added all the bands i like over the years, or they have found me, which is even more convenient. But if i have to start all over again that would take a while... oh well, if any of those bands post on their myspace that they have a new .com and we should check it out, i would anyway go and subscribe to their rss feed and what not. :) the problem is exactly they don't want to have a .com anymore so it's just hypothetical anyway ;)

<html><head>

<title>Borknagar</title></head>
<!-- Redirection Services ASH01WRED01 H1 -->
<frameset rows='100%, *' frameborder=no framespacing=0 border=0>
<frame src="http://www.myspace.com/borknagar" name=mainwindow frameborder=no framespacing=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></frame>
</frameset>
<noframes>
<h2>Your browser does not support frames. We recommend upgrading your browser.</h2><br><br>
<center>Click <a href="http://www.myspace.com/borknagar">here</a> to enter the site.</center>
</noframes></html>

If you put this on borknagar.com it will work :(

i knew you would say that, and you're right :) however, i've been on myspace for 4 years (i believe) and gradually added all the bands i like over the years, or they have found me, which is even more convenient. But if i have to start all over again that would take a while... oh well, if any of those bands post on their myspace that they have a new .com and we should check it out, i would anyway go and subscribe to their rss feed and what not. :) the problem is exactly they don't want to have a .com anymore so it's just hypothetical anyway ;)
As I said, I think they should be complementary so I guess the information would be there still. So you technically wouldn't have to change anything to get the same information :lol:

My 2¢ - don't ever let that .com go so long as you guys are a band. That's digital real estate, and you never know, say next year MySpace just tanks and is gone, poof. Say that for any of the social sites. The .com should be your hub even if it simply links to all your social sites etc. - because the .com you can control, not having to rely on if this company or that company goes out of business tomorrow, or even 5 years from now.

The problem is that bands don't take full advantage of utilizing all the social sites with their web sites - pulling in the players, feeds, status updates etc etc. THAT'S the key to making your .com the "place to go" :)

My 2¢ - don't ever let that .com go so long as you guys are a band. That's digital real estate, and you never know, say next year MySpace just tanks and is gone, poof. Say that for any of the social sites. The .com should be your hub even if it simply links to all your social sites etc. - because the .com you can control, not having to rely on if this company or that company goes out of business tomorrow, or even 5 years from now.

The problem is that bands don't take full advantage of utilizing all the social sites with their web sites - pulling in the players, feeds, status updates etc etc. THAT'S the key to making your .com the "place to go" :)
:worship:

This is very sound advice.

.coms stay stable when everything else falls by the wayside, even if it just points to another site for now.

What I'm curious about was how huge MySpace was, then Facebook became the rave. Whats next?
That's what I said in my reasons not to move the site.

The perfect example of how stuff like this should be done is something like the Platinum Games website. I know it's a game developer, but the structure of the site isn't too different to that of a bands website. You've all the usual tops tabs, and then down in the bottom right is the "Follow us" section with facebook, twitter, etc etc. http://platinumgames.com/

Sorry guys for being so pushy about this. It's just that with a little work the .com could easily be an awesome place for fans of the band and a place actually worth going to!

Sad to see the .com go. But it was outdated anyway, so it's a good thing. Just don't let someone else get their hands on the domain, since you never know what the next big thing will be on the web.

When I started with that site in '97 or so there wasn't any facebook or myspace, or at least it wasn't important. The whole official website thing was booming and I think everyone who wanted to do an official band website just had to claim the domain and contact the band at some point. Myspace made it all so much easier for everyone. ;-)