Borknagar on American airwaves!

Sadistik

Let me die in solitude...
May 30, 2001
California
Visit site
I live in San Diego, and was flipping through the channels on TV tonight. We have digital cable here, and included are about 40 "Channels" that just play music, much like radio, but with a pic of the album cover and the occasional artist fact. Usually the "metal" channel is shit nu-metal and punk that the nitwits think is metal, but tonight I was flipping past and Genuine Pulse was on! Hell yeah! ;)

Oh, that's cool. I don't think my country has a single radio station that plays metal like Borknagar. Metallica, Limp Bizkit and some other big names are the only ones you get to listen to. But then, I don't listen to the radio anyway.

@SomberSoul
Just for the record we Americans don't have a radio station that plays anything like Borknagar either. Sadistik is refering to one of the T.V. channels that just plays music.....;)

Ok, blame me for not reading his post thoroughly enough. :cry: Don't know why I was thinking of radio stations. Anyway, I can't think of any TV station that would play Borknagar either.

So, if "The Genuine Pulse" was aired on TV, this raises the question in what format? There's no real video for it...

:) heres how it works(here at least.....) there are channels that air all different kinds of music (a channel for every genre, 80s metal, rap, etc.) there are no videos.....it just has a picture of the album that the song came from and who the artist is...hope that will shead some light...;)

There is one small local station here that has and does play Borknagar every now and then. Heard them play them a bit. But thats only one presenter at the station putting it on (on their show once a week). Thats how I heard of them.

Never heard of it being on TV.

Originally posted by FailingAcension
@SomberSoul
Just for the record we Americans don't have a radio station that plays anything like Borknagar either. Sadistik is refering to one of the T.V. channels that just plays music.....;)

Ya we in Minnesota have a radio station that play's what they consider metal, but only on friday's is for extreme. We also have a metal station every Saterday midnight-6:00 AmRoot of all evil ,they play o.k. music sometime's and they've been doing it over a decade. Other than that, I would much rather listen to my own CD's than play the radio.

Well, in Texas there are suppsosidly a couple of "underground" stations that play extreme metal at like 3 in the morning once a week......I guess they are cheap because I can't get any reception where I live.....My cds will suffice fine.......

We have a national radio station here that has metal show called Three Hours Of Power.

They play everything from nu-metal to black metal.

In fact it's where I first heard Oceans Rise before Archaic Course was released.

Originally posted by SonOfAbyss
Ya we in Minnesota have a radio station that play's what they consider metal, but only on friday's is for extreme. We also have a metal station every Saterday midnight-6:00 AmRoot of all evil ,they play o.k. music sometime's and they've been doing it over a decade. Other than that, I would much rather listen to my own CD's than play the radio.

Yeah, 93X's "X-treme" metal shop ... I heard In Flames once on there and that's about. I called in and requested Opeth's "Karma" but, they never played it.

I have that channel too. Its that Music Choice program where it has all kinds of different music. I've seen many REAL metal bands on there before. Borknagar, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Cannibal Corpse, Soilwork, and some other bands. Not a bad channel. They usually play crap though.

I like to hang out in my garage a lot where at the moment I only have a radio in, but I was happy they played Sameal, and Opeth last weekend.
If I know I'm having people over though, I would never subject them to the radio.(in example keg or planned party) .
I don't know much about this new digital XMradio frequency, is there any stations worth having a XM compatable radio, Example- Borknagar, Arcturus, Vintersorg or so forth? Cuz at the present I can't see any reasons to bother with yet. And I'm not missing a beat regardless.