Boss HM-2 impulse?

KeithTidd

Robot Penis.
Apr 26, 2008
Vallejo, CA
www.myspace.com
Has anyone tried making an impulse of a boss heavy metal pedal? would that work? i'd really love to have that classic HM-2 swedish sound, but i'm having issues finding an hm-2 locally.

Impulses can't exactly emulate distortion. It's unfortunate, but it's the way it is. The only program with any hope of sampling such a thing is Nebula, but even that is far, far away from being a reality.

People have tried to sample Tubescreamers and stuff, it just doesn't work.

that's a shame. I guess i'm going to have to finally use ebay.

I've also got the schematic to make one, but it seems quite a bit more complicated than your run of the mill distortion pedal. I'm not that good at reading diagrams.

I found one locally. Waited it out, found one for $50, immaculate condition. A bassist was using it for bass distortion. I'll use it where it's just guitar -> HM2 -> Firestudio -> impulse, but not in any other capacity.

I have two here at the moment, and as much as it sucks, the japanese ones really do sound alot better. So wait for one of them. Thankfully they're one of the least sought after boss pedals though!

Amplitube Metal has an emulation of it, Metal Distortion 2. Far from perfect, but works for getting that "saw" distortion.