Bradford Rios - 30th November

so is anyone off to see Anathema on this night? i got my ticket, there is a crew of us lot going along .. should be cool, aint seen Anathema in lots of years!!! I prefer their older stuff to new, but will still be a quality show..

I will probably be swanning around with an Emperor shirt on and baggies, 2 lip rings and a beard, and probably a pint at all times!!! :) .. come say hello..

Originally posted by pagan2002
i might have to give it a miss me kidneys are playing up

Aye, Ive been off the booze since last Saturday. Streams of whiskey etc.. ouzo, Bulmers... dont need booze for a while cos I just got a synth today so I'll just stay in making devil music and chainsmoking:(

sounds like a cool idea, you got any stuff recorded? are you officially doing it as a project or just to pass the time, let me know ..

i had 3 pints on sunday in manchester at a gig, and thats all ive had for just over 2 weeks, i fully intend to put that right tonight though!!! :) a metal club in a university, where triple jack daniels and coke is about £2.70!!! ...

Originally posted by Strangelight
Aye, Ive been off the booze since last Saturday. Streams of whiskey etc.. ouzo, Bulmers... dont need booze for a while cos I just got a synth today so I'll just stay in making devil music and chainsmoking:(
devil music and chainsmoking??? sounds fucken ace. i cant smoke either so i'll have to make do with cornflakes and mental illness soundtracks

Originally posted by PaulTangaroa
sounds like a cool idea, you got any stuff recorded? are you officially doing it as a project or just to pass the time, let me know ..

i had 3 pints on sunday in manchester at a gig, and thats all ive had for just over 2 weeks, i fully intend to put that right tonight though!!! :) a metal club in a university, where triple jack daniels and coke is about £2.70!!! ...

I'm unofficially doing it in the name of devil.
What club are you off to? Is it called Stomp or something? By that boat pub thingy?

hey strangelight, WOW!!! yeah, it used to be called stomp a lot of years ago, changed to Star about 4 years back!! i used to go to "stomp" all the time, like everyweek for about 5 years!!! just go on and off to star nowadays though.. gotta flyer for a club night we are doing and a gig we are helping with too, so its good for that, and getting chatting to people when ridiculously hammered after!!

so how do you know about that? you used to be from round here?

Originally posted by pagan2002
devil music and chainsmoking??? sounds fucken ace. i cant smoke either so i'll have to make do with cornflakes and mental illness soundtracks

I went into a music shop in Dublin the other morning looking for synths. The feller in there (snobby Englishman btw) would only show me the crap cheap ones, probably cos I'm a bit of a scruffy cunt. As soon as I told him I wanted to spend around €1000 he was up me arse. So I played devil music for ages dead loud then fucked off without saying anything. Snooty southern wanker:mad:

Originally posted by PaulTangaroa
hey strangelight, WOW!!! yeah, it used to be called stomp a lot of years ago, changed to Star about 4 years back!! i used to go to "stomp" all the time, like everyweek for about 5 years!!! just go on and off to star nowadays though.. gotta flyer for a club night we are doing and a gig we are helping with too, so its good for that, and getting chatting to people when ridiculously hammered after!!

so how do you know about that? you used to be from round here?

I spent loads of time in Leeds. Its the only city I would move to if i ever went back to blighty. I remember drinking loads of whiskey in that club about this time 3 or 4 years back and ended up buying loads of cans from the curry place over the road and just walked into someones house in Hyde Park cos the door was open:confused: The West Indian Centre is me favourite club of all time though:D had some peg hegasuz nights in there:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

Ahhhh....the British lifestyle. I remember all these people screaming down the road at 3 am while I was trying to sleep (in Aberdeen that is). I'd be doing that meself but I was to young to get pissed then... Then I got back to Greece (thankfully) and I escaped madness (or alcoholism if you want).

LMAO!!! .. england can be a mad place at times, we tend to forget to be honest, that a lot of the stuff like that that goes on here doesnt really happen anywhere else ..

i did a 3 week tour of europe in april with one of my bands, and it was incredible, to see how different things are out there, england is a complete freak country, i cant speak for the rest of the uk to be honest, as ive never been to ireland (off in feb though to play 4 shows) and only been to scotland a few times .. i like it there though ..

There are some beautiful places in the UK, especially in Scotland where I was based.... But I can't exactly relate to the culture even though I tried. Still remember many good lads up there anyways.

I was in Aberdeen for about a year because me parents had stuff to do there. That was like 7-8 years ago. Hell, I was a baby then!