[Brain Test] Does She Turn Left or Right?

BlackwingGabriel

feels so good.
May 26, 2010
Jkt, INA
www.studiomusiktek.com
Hello guys, I'm relatively new to the forum, but I've been a lurker for about 3 years :p . I think it's time to contribute back to the forum that had helped me so much in metal engineering.

You may (or may not know) that mixing and mastering involves 2 different brain functions.

Left Brain Functions: uses logic, facts, pattern perception, strategies, etc.
functions that are mostly active while mastering, editing.

while

Right brain functions: uses feeling, imagination, spatial perception, fantasy based, etc.
functions that are mostly active while mixing.

This simple test is to check when you're about to mix or master, are you really working in the proper brain side. Working in our proper brain side, optimize our work.

SEE THIS PICTURE:

1198470808_63_FT0_dancer.gif

Do you see her clockwise or anticlockwise?

When you see her turn clockwise, it means your right brain is at work.
When you see her turn anticlockwise, it means your left brain is at work.

Here’s a challenge: Try and see if you can convince your brain to see the dancer turn both clockwise and anticlockwise.

She's not turning. Am I dead yet?

Right brain functions: uses feeling, imagination, spatial perception, fantasy based, etc.

Hmm my guess is that based on your pessimistic response, you're certainly using the right side of the brain ;)

Old, but it was fun to see that image again.

Both directions for me - I can also turn her direction in my head easily. I just concentrate on a part of her body and convince my brain that it's facing me, not away from me (ie. her leg)

I don't believe that picture has anything to do with determining which side of your brain is momentarily more dominant, though

Welcome to the forum!

Old, but it was fun to see that image again.

Both directions for me - I can also turn her direction in my head easily. I just concentrate on a part of her body and convince my brain that it's facing me, not away from me (ie. her leg)

I don't believe that picture has anything to do with determining which side of your brain is momentarily more dominant, though

Welcome to the forum!

I repeat this post word by word.

This is old but anyways . . .

I could turn that street walker, who by the way owes me money, any direction I want. I just move my line of sight from the shadow up and presto change o. Bitch better have my money!

That is simply not at all how the brain works - short of severe brain damage, nothing remotely matches up between the effect taking place and any lack of connection or balance between parts of the brain.

In any case, the right answer is that she is shrinking and growing parts of her body while otherwise standing perfectly still. How is that not completely obvious?

Jeff

There are 34 frames in the gif. @ about frame 15 it appears is when the change in direction could happen. In other words, the "trick". Then it happens again @ about frame 28. She is definitely moving up and then down. I thought it might be just the shadow but a side by side comparison ruled that out.