BRAINSTORM: Scary Creatures

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
BRAINSTORM - SCARY CREATURES SET FOR JANUARY RELEASE, DETAILS UNVEILED

"...Following up on the success of 2014’s Firesoul album, German power metallers Brainstorm didn’t waste any time to enter the studio and record a brand new album which is titled Scary Creatures and will hit the stores on January 15th 2016...

...Vocalist Andy B. Franck states: "Scary Creatures is a very emotional, an almost personal, album. All songs reflect the events and feelings of the past months, which made the music incredibly intense. To me, Scary Creatures is the logical successor to 2014's Firesoul and perfectly bridges to Brainstorm 2016. Also for the first time we achieved that many of the band members' children were integrated into several songs. It's another reason why the new album is very valuable and unique to us. Add to this the rough lyrical concept dealing with severals atrocities all over the world in the past centuries, Scary Creatures turned out to become an impressive metal album we all are proud of"....

p1a3ngquhk70tlnhggt1gibvg34.jpg

I haven't liked any of their albums since Downburst. They've disappointed me each time but I won't give up hope on Brainstorm. They've had too many great albums and songs and I still have hope for Scary Creatures but they're in the last chance saloon. An album with strong choruses is what we need. They need to work on the vocal melodies from Andy Franck as they were lacking on the last three apart from the odd song. An album like Metus Mortis or Ambiguity would be nice!

I haven't liked any of their albums since Downburst. They've disappointed me each time but I won't give up hope on Brainstorm. They've had too many great albums and songs and I still have hope for Scary Creatures but they're in the last chance saloon. An album with strong choruses is what we need. They need to work on the vocal melodies from Andy Franck as they were lacking on the last three apart from the odd song. An album like Metus Mortis or Ambiguity would be nice!

I agree, they're recent releases have lacked the choruses that Brainstorm once had.

~Brian~

New video. Quite interesting going the Lordi route on the make up! Unfortunately the song is boring. Sounds a bit Nevermore-y as someone said but not that great really. The chorus melody is just boring to me.

Hmmm...I gotta disagree. This is the Brainstorm I always expect....punishing rhythms, biggish sing-along choruses, typical Franck vocal patterns. Not much changes drastically with the Brainstorm camp, which to me is good since I dig them a lot. I'll be picking this up....I thought Firesoul was really good.

Surprisingly, that song got me interested in the new album. Nice riffs, and while the chorus isn't exactly breathtaking it's got enough of a hook there to get me at least to check out the rest of the album when it comes out.

Yeah...I'm not really sure what some people are expecting from a new Brainstorm disc. This sounds like typical Brainstorm....like I said before, they really don't change that much. They're kinda like Primal Fear....you pretty much know what you're going to get when you buy a new album from these bands.

The makeup in the first video is quite silly. However, the track is solid. It's a throwback to their heavier period. The second track really falls apart during the verse. The sections with only vocals, bass and drum sound ill-conceived. Still, I really enjoyed the last record and will give the new one a spin it in full when it becomes available.

Well, the the first song isn't great because it sounds like a generic Brainstorm song, like many I've heard before and with nothing to make it stand out. I actually kinda like the second song.