Brand New Mix, Needs Feedback

Pete The Elite

Pete The Elite
Mar 3, 2008
Wrexham UK
www.mysapce.com
Hey hey, so ive managed to get a new mix done over the hols, im quite liking how it sounds but need some outside opinions, some track info:

Theres No Bass yet.
The band tracked live, take could be better but time wasn't on our side
Was the first time i really played around with drumagog aswell, really starting to like it :D

Mic's Used, SM57, Rode NT2, Rode nt2a, c1000, audix 6

Any feedback would be appricated!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=831764&content=songinfo&songID=7187172

Cheers

Pete!

Did a bit of tweeking to this one, should have a 2nd track up soon, jus remebered i took some pics aswell heres the setup of the drums, the drum kit itself was in bad shape but i did my best to try and polish a turd lmao!

Shields.jpg

Hey man, I can say the drumsound is not bad!! But the guitarsound is seriously not good. Try to use the equalizer and KILL some frequences in 4khz. This area should always used with caution, it´s poison for the ears. But go on with the drumming, it sounds MUCH better than the lead guitars:) And nice intro btw.

Cheers,

Felix

Hey man, I can say the drumsound is not bad!! But the guitarsound is seriously not good. Try to use the equalizer and KILL some frequences in 4khz. This area should always used with caution, it´s poison for the ears. But go on with the drumming, it sounds MUCH better than the lead guitars:) And nice intro btw.

Cheers,

Felix

Hey thx for that i know mixing guitars is a weak point of mine i know, and the lead yeh is not good at all, was recorded on a skytronic amp, i wudn't recommend it lmao!!

Hey thx for that i know mixing guitars is a weak point of mine i know, and the lead yeh is not good at all, was recorded on a skytronic amp, i wudn't recommend it lmao!!

Never give up, dude..sometimes you only have to lower some frequenzes, and it sounds cool :kickass: compare the guitarsound with cds you like, find a pleasent tone. The stuff you´ve played, is cool.