Brand new opeth interview

GKnight56 said:
Excellent interview, thanx for posting! When and where did you interview Peter? And how was that show? They didn't have a chance to rehearse at all!

-GK
Seattle jan 24th. They started rehearsing like 10 minutes after he got out of the interview.

yup, jan 24th was the date of the show. I got to do the interview because i work for abrasiverock.com and just... that's it. They set it up and it was sweet. so yeah, that's about it.

Nice job dude! If you Google for "Opeth Interviews" you get a shitload of them, mostly done by Peter. He seems to be the cool guy to take the time for them.

I love the way Peter does interviews. In the past he's done one with a local metal guy here, Andrew Haug, and I have the whole thing on tape... its great, I love his answers to questions. Same applies to the DVD... he really gives alot of insight into how they record the music.

It was interesting to hear about Katatonia and them trying to bring them over... makes me want to email peaceville 2 times a day everyday until they come over :)

ChrisEmerson said:
what were the 4 songs he mentioned that had never been played live before?
Blackwater Park
The Moor
Master's App
April Ethereal

The first two are in the never played before list.

All four are in the never played in America list.

I think Peter was either exaggerating or is alluding to different songs that will be worked in the setlist as the tour goes on. "Nectar" was rumoured on the website as being rehearsed for this tour. That has probably never been played in America either.

The only other possibilities for never played ever include:

By the Pain I see in Others
Dirge for November
Night and the silent Water

and the intrumentals and interlude songs. (this info taken from Mike's post about the subject...)

Personally I'm hoping for "Wreath" in Atlanta on the 13th. Can't wait to hear the moor too!