Brand New Rhapsody of Fire Track Posted

At the entire above tl;dr argument:

w9tqh4.gif

WOW, not what i was expecting at all. I quit listening to them after their 2nd album and just thought I would see what they sounded like now. WOW, very dark and I like it.

Love the darker sound.

Brand

Thanks for the great comments and feedback. I have to listen to it a few times before I can judge it. At first I think it's disconcerting, and incongruous, but it's different so maybe I'm just not used to it. I love Sea of Dreams and many people see them as too much of a mishmash.. Don't know what to think of it yet. I think the thing I don't like per se is the type and amount of growling/gritty voice. If there was less I think I'd like it.. one of the things I love most about Rhapsody is Fabios clean voice but maybe I'll like it..

Madman and Aeonic... Lol what the crap did you do to my thread?! Lol..

You may want to read the lyrics to After Forever since your ears didn't really do the job. :lol:

Most musicians don't perm up their hair so it's big, poofy, and feminine. Protip: This is not the 80's anymore

I'm not saying that those bm or dm bands aren't cheesy, and if you thought at all that was what I was trying to say -- I mean we're in a RHAPSODY thread here. Of course it's cheesy. And of course singing about satan is chessy. But there's a REASON why it's done. It's done because it's written by kids who grew up in christian families not happy with the christian doctrine and used satanism, vikingism, etc as an outlet because it is the antithesis of christianity. I mean, Iommi himself is and was a Catholic, but look at Black Sabbath...that's not going to stop them from signing about wanting to hang the pope.

It's not an issue of cheese, it's an issue of coolness. There's nothing cool about a bunch of dudes dressing like women playing riffless boy band music. Are there hair bands that I like by the way? You bet your ass, but I accept that it's not metal. You go around parading it like that's the only type of metal and everything else is shit. And what's hilarious is that you do it with all this demonic imagery -- the exact SAME demonic imagery mind you, that you think is cheesy. The fact you can't even see that is just hilarious to me. I mean, if all of that is intended to be satirical, forgive me, I misread it as serious. But yeah, it's just funny.

I mean that's your opinion and that's fine. At the end of the day though I just think it's funny Stryper is "prime rib" to you. I'd say prime rib for me is The Moody Blues, Zappa, or Pink Floyd, but that's what makes us different. We're all snowflakes!

No he's not relevant though, he's a joke. Everyone thinks he's a joke. When you google search "Bret Michaels is" the top searches don't list anything that remotely says "cool, liked, relevant, etc." But on the other hand, the top searches are "Bret Michaels is a loser," "Bret Michaels is a douche," "Bret Michaels is an idiot," etc. That's the thing, your small circle of stuck-in-the-80's types who think he's actually "promoting himself" is the vast vast minority. And by the way, I would think suing the Tonys for getting a scratch on your nose is far more laughably embarrassing than me saying I disagree with your taste on a board. Just me tho.

<3 ?