Brazilian THRASH OF THE TITANS Tentative Line-Up Announced - Feb. 20, 2002

thewendy

the webmistress
SEPULTURA, MACHINE HEAD and TESTAMENT are among the acts that are tentatively scheduled to perform at a huge metal festival in Sao Paulo, Brazil on April 20th in front of an anticipated audience of 20,000. Provisionally dubbed Thrash Of The Titans, the concert will feature appearances from a total of 14 bands on two different stages, among them the following:

SEPULTURA
MACHINE HEAD
TESTAMENT
ANTHRAX
EXODUS
VIO-LENCE
DEATH ANGEL
SADUS
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM
HEATHEN

According to informed sources, the event with run from noon until about 2:00 AM, and will include performances from various homegrown metal acts in addition to the above-mentioned artists. Venue information and additional details are due to be announced in the coming weeks.

In related news, the reunited San Francisco Bay Area thrashers VIO-LENCE are tentatively planning to issue a live CD and DVD recorded at the group's December 14th show at Slim's in San Francisco through an as-yet-undetermined label later in the year. As-yet-unmixed/unedited, the audio/video recordings include an appearance by original axeman Troy Fua (who performed on the band's early demo recordings) and former F BOMB/current LAVABONE six-stringer Steve Schmidt alongside longtime guitarist Phil Demmel—a last-minute arrangement that came about as a result of guitarist Ray Vegas' decision to pull out of the gig a couple of weeks prior to the concert.

Meanwhile, San Francisco's EXODUS, fronted by Steve “Zetro” Souza (the group's frontman between 1986 and 1993), have announced tentative plans to perform at the Summer Solstice World Jam in Talkeetna, Alaska on June 22nd and are rumored to be holding discussions to appear at the Wacken Open Air festival in Germany in August (as yet unconfirmed). Here is where you can catch the band during the coming months:

Mar. 22 - Marin County, CA @ New George
Mar. 23 - Whittier, CA @ Ibiza (Hellfest)
Apr. 05-06 – Asbury Park, NJ @ Convention Hall
Jun. 22 - Talkeetna, AK @ Summer Solstice World Jam (unconfirmed)

yeah, they're playing with Steve Souza who played on the albums Pleasures of the Flesh and those that followed way back when. They've already played with him here in CA since he is singing for them again.

I live in Brazil... and I'm happy as hell to have the chance to see some bands I had never thought I would have the chance to, like Sadus, Vio-Lence and Heathen...

Nice to know that the Thrash of the Titans is being confirmed, although all the info I get doesn't match... mainly about the brazilian acts...

Sepultura seems to be no longer in the cast. On the 'official' poster I've received (if anyone wants it, just e-mail me and I'll send you), brazilian acts are supposed to be thrashers Korzus and Necromancia, 'nu-metal' acts Eminece and Doykod, and prog-metallers(?) Akashic.

Also, on an important brazilian website, RockOnLine(www.rockonline.com.br) it's written that both Shaman and Angra would play in the festival, as well as brazilian punk band Ratos de Porao.

Thiago