unknown

fuck ftagn
Oct 27, 2003
The Red Tower
Brazzaville - East L.A. Breeze
Vendlus Records - 2 Feb 2007 - Vend017
Written by Michael Koger

brazzaville_east_large.jpg

I never know what to expect from Vendlus Records, and I guess this is good thing. A lot of people might say The End Records has the most varied roster, but I think Vendlus Records is poised to take that title from The End. Case in point: Brazzaville.

The album is titled East L.A. Breeze. Living in Los Angeles and it being the end of summer, I figured now might be the appropriate time to review this album. This is a sunny day album. It seems to work best when driving down Pacific Coast Highway with the windows rolled down. David Brown's vocals are low and mellow. They ease you into the comfort of his world. The songs range from tunes that could fit in Jimmy Buffet's jukebox to upbeat, soft, melodic rock. The music isn't complex. It's extremely listener friendly. At the same time, it's easy to see that every musician is control of his/her instrument of choice. Trombones, violins, pianos and various percussion instruments all make their appearances throughout the album. Every track provides imagery of balmy summer nights with friends and a few cocktails or the low ebbing and flowing of the pacific ocean. Even though the album goes by the name East L.A. Breeze, the album is more akin to a West L.A. Breeze, cool and refreshing.

If your playlist has largely been dominated by caustic and unfriendly metal acts as of late, you may want to check out Brazzaville's East L.A. Breeze. Like a cool beer sweating under a summer sun, it cannot be resisted.

Official Brazzaville Website
Official Vendlus Records Website