Breaking Benjamin - Dear Agony

Are you saying you tuned individual notes in a chord and tracked them separately? That's not at all what Greg was talking about.

he said "b. Notes were played one by one, tuned, and pieced together. This I think is the case."

seems like that's what he was trying to say to me. "played one by one and pieced together"

unless he meant they were tuned one by one? but i'm already doing that anyways.

[UEAK]Clowd;9466164 said:
he said "b. Notes were played one by one, tuned, and pieced together. This I think is the case."

seems like that's what he was trying to say to me. "played one by one and pieced together"

unless he meant they were tuned one by one? but i'm already doing that anyways.

"The reason why most of the lead/single note playing sounds like a synth..."

That's what I'm referencing - they didn't build chords like that (I've only heard of Richardson doing groups like that for chord-based tracking), they did the single-note melodies like that.

I really dig about 3 songs and the rest of the record is okay.

They probably Melodyne the guitars. They Melodyne the hell out of the vocals for sure. (When doing 3 vocal harmonies its practically a necessity, especially when your not amazingly awesome at singing perfectly in tune) BB released some videos of a live acoustic set online and they even tuned the shit out of that for no apparent reason other than he's not perfectly on pitch... He's a talented singer for sure, but I think he just doesn't give a fuck anymore and hates touring.

you joined here and made this your first post of a record a year old?
sweet...

I know this is a year late and buck short, but I just happened upon this forum. THEY AUTO TUNED THE LIVING FUCK of Ben's voice. The bottom line is that the dude simply can't sing live anymore. His voice is shot, probably from too much drinking, smoking(pole andor cigs). A huge example is "Lights Out" 100% of the vocals on this track are autotuned. It almost sounds like Kesha or Lil Wayne or something. The entire record is sick with autotune and punch ins. In some places you can tell that they literally punched in the guitars note by note. Its rather pathetic.

-NIX

I do agree that every live video I have seen from Benjamin is his pitch is nowhere near the recordings but he writes great songs and has a cool grit and tone to his vocals. I did speak to Bendeth once and yes they do use melodyne on his vocals. ^

Reactions: Chiserz