Bret Michaels in ICU

ICEDEARTHFAN

IN MEMORY.....
Sep 24, 2008
Northeast Alabama
Bret suffered a brain hemorrhage.He's in ICU in critical condition.Not a Poison fan but always liked Bret.He said one of his favorite places to play was Birmingham, AL. back in the 80's.Hope he will be okay.

I *REALLY* hope Bret pulls through this. I am not the biggest Poison fan, but I really like Bret's personality and his voice.

Sending positive vibes to him and his family. Here's hoping that he makes through!!!

more bad news. dont like to see this, i cant stand poison but he is a good front man. hope he pules out and is able to continue what he enjoys.

Damn! When I first read this, I thought it was about a BAND called ICU. :)

Here's hoping he makes it through. Bret's awesome!

One of my favorite frontmen with just a cool-ass voice. I'll have him in my prayers.

Me too bro! Poison has always been one of those "Hair Bands" that I've Absolutely LOVED!!! :headbang: And totally not given a livin' shit what anyone else thought!!! :p Along w/ Motley, Skid Row & Dokken!!!
Definitely praying for bret!
One of my favorite lead singer/frontmen!!!:kickass:

I've always been a hair metal fan and had the opportunity to see and photograph Poison last summer. Great show. Really sad to hear this. Bret seemed very healthy and vibrant at the time. Here's a few shots from that session. Really hope he pulls through ok.

09Poison14w.jpg.w560h414.jpg

09Poison6w.jpg

Maybe I am mixing stories.... but didn't he just get whacked in the head on some show, or at a live gig or something? I might be confusing them.... either way, best of luck to him.

mëtålspëd;9045820 said:
Maybe I am mixing stories.... but didn't he just get whacked in the head on some show, or at a live gig or something? I might be confusing them.... either way, best of luck to him.

That's been several months ago,maybe even over a year.It was something coming down from the ceiling.It was at an awards show I think.Just a couple of days ago he had an emergency appendectomy.

Well, it is being reported that Brett is awake and talking, which in itself is a good sign. He is a very lucky man.

Well, it is being reported that Brett is awake and talking, which in itself is a good sign. He is a very lucky man.

Yes but unfortunately he is still in critical and so far the doctors don't even know what the bleeding is coming from. That's not a good sign. :cry:

I sure hope he pulls through though even if I'm not a big Poison fan as I think he's a good guy.

Yes but unfortunately he is still in critical and so far the doctors don't even know what the bleeding is coming from. That's not a good sign. :cry:
It is a lot more chance than Elis' Sabine Dunser had. Like Brett, she had a subarachnoid hematoma. Stepped out of the the studio booth, grabbed her head, dropped. Family pulled the plug 2-3 days later. That fact that Brett is conscious and talking, even though critical and not out of the woods, is mot a bad sign.

I thought I read somewhere they thought the cause of this is most likely related to his Type-1 Diabetes

I was never a big Poison fan, but I always respected that Bret was a great spokesperson for diabetes and autoimmunity awareness.

Best wishes to Bret and his family for a speedy recovery.