Briggs Battle of the Bands

Hey all, been a long time... I hope all is well.

I just posted this over on the NightmareRecords forum and thought it may be of interest to you guys/gals as well.

Plus... no registration is necessary to vote in this contest! Make sure to check that you don't want to be on the email list and you won't be bothered.

Here is the post...

I just finished programming an awesome Flash application for the brand new myspace site http://myspace.com/briggsbattleofthebands It is a music player/band application/voting and share with a friend email application.

The contest is open to any band, from any country and any music genre. The open contest runs until the first week of May. Then they are going to post the top 10 bands entire set of music for the month of May. The band with the most votes and a 30-45 minute set list strong enough to stand up there will get a prime time slot on the Briggs & Stratton Milwaukee Summerfest Stage. They will cover all the flight/hotel expenses for the band.

Anyways.. please send out the word to all your bands to register and (at the least) get themselves some free exposure to 100s of thousands of people.

We are one week into the battle and we currently have 129 bands and 24,000 votes! They have a huge advertising budget and have hopes for over a thousand band entries.

Please hook me up with some quality metal band entrants!! You have a huge roster full of them. Thus far, the only band worth mentioning in the contest is my friend Scott Huffman's band Mindwarp Chamber.

The band with the strongest fan base is gonna win this thing... each fan is allowed to vote 10 times per day for one band or multiple bands.​

I look forward to seeing you all in May!

Norm