British Comedy - Black Books - highly recommended

abyssofdreams

knows what you think.
Sep 30, 2002
Germany
www.abyssofdreams.com
I've suggested this show to Marcus earlier so I thought why not post it for everyone here, haha.

If you like british humour (which IMHO is the best!) check this tv show out.
It didn't last for long (they stopped after the 3rd season because they felt like they couldn't keep the quality) but is one of the best shows I have ever seen, also highly re-watchable, I got instantly addicted:

Here is the first episode in 3 parts:

EDIT: Click on the according Youtube links, they somewhat disabled embedding

I'm sure some of you guys will love it as I do...

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, pretty cool. Not as good as Black Adder but still funny stuff. I love Mind Your Language, as well.

Hey, it's the wimpy cocksucking piece of shit David from Shaun of the Dead! Still, he's a fair bit less loathesome in this, funny stuff Bernhard!

That's Dylan Moran! Irish comedian.

He is still relatively loathesome in this, but in a funny way!

Black books is great, and I would also THOROUGHLY recommend any of the Bill Bailey (the beardy guy with the 'skullet' in Black Books) stand up DVDs, epsecially 'Part Troll'. A lot of you guys here would love it because he is also musically exceptional - a lot of his show is musical bits of him playing keyboards or guitar.

Fans of british comedy should also check out;

- Blackadder (seasons 2, 3 and 4)
- Alan Partridge
- Saxondale
- The Mighty Boosh (if you like weird surreal stuff... this one takes a bit of time to "get")
- Extras

And going back a few years, 'Fawlty Towers'. Which is still one of THE benchmarks of comedy. Genius.

Am I the only die-hard fan of Men Behaving badly here? :)

No way man, I loved that series. Shame none of the cast made anything worth watching after that finished.

I HIGHLY recommend you guys checking out Red Dwarf if you haven't already. Also any stand up shows by Lee Evans, I've shown some of his shit to Mike (006) before and he loved it.

I HIGHLY recommend you guys checking out Red Dwarf if you haven't already. Also any stand up shows by Lee Evans, I've shown some of his shit to Mike (006) before and he loved it.

+1,00000000 on both counts. Red Dwarf is fucking hilarious!

"Go to red alert!"..."you do relise that means changing the bulb sir?"

"Just DO IT!!!!" :lol:

+1,00000000 on both counts. Red Dwarf is fucking hilarious!

"Go to red alert!"..."you do relise that means changing the bulb sir?"

"Just DO IT!!!!" :lol:

Cat: Forget Red — let's go all the way up to Brown Alert!
Kryten: There's no such thing as a Brown Alert, sir.
Cat: You won't be saying that in a minute! And don't say I didn't alert you!

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=poMWgGC82bw[/ame]

Check this for a laugh guys. :D

Edit: Have to click the youtube link since embedding is screwed.

That's Dylan Moran! Irish comedian.

He is still relatively loathesome in this, but in a funny way!

Black books is great, and I would also THOROUGHLY recommend any of the Bill Bailey (the beardy guy with the 'skullet' in Black Books) stand up DVDs, epsecially 'Part Troll'. A lot of you guys here would love it because he is also musically exceptional - a lot of his show is musical bits of him playing keyboards or guitar.

Fans of british comedy should also check out;

- Blackadder (seasons 2, 3 and 4)
- Alan Partridge
- Saxondale
- The Mighty Boosh (if you like weird surreal stuff... this one takes a bit of time to "get")
- Extras

And going back a few years, 'Fawlty Towers'. Which is still one of THE benchmarks of comedy. Genius.

Except, The Office was about 10x better than Extras.
And Extras is utter fucking genius to begin with.

That should give people an idea of The Office's quality. Haha.
Shits all over the pathetic american version.