British rock bands.

RoboCaster

Victory is at hand.
Jan 7, 2005
www.fenderforum.com
Okay I always considered British rock to be the best ever, but don’t mean to promote Judas Priest here, but I've gotta to tell you that Glen Tipton has always been one of my favorite players.

I just checked out their web site under the video links and listened to Glen tiptop explain his guitar collection and demonstrate a couple on his amp. It was really fascinating, the demo was superb. I wish Iron Maiden would do some similar kind of thing on their site too, it would be cool to watch and take notes from them who know what their talking about, and just see their approach and theory.

Metallicat180 said:
I get confused so easily over this debate!!

We have Iron Maiden...but they have Metallica!
We have Black Sabbath...but they have Megadeth!
We have Judas Priest...but they have Slayer!
We have Motorhead...but they have Pantera!

It's 50-50 with me on that one!!!

i dunno....I dont like metallica, slayer or pantera to a degree.....I do think for legendary bands british metal is better...also the british metal scene has always seemed somewhat more original to me

Yea, well those solos he plays are just the style I like, so I'm taking them home and I gonna memorize 'em and take them to test out amplifiers at Musicians Friend before I buy one. He was using a Crate.. but I did hear an Orange last week and the crunch sounded pretty good. Not only that I'm also motivated by the fact that there are these people who give me weird looks because I can't play the guitar as good as them... hee,heee.. Anyway, Glen's solos, sound evil and have that thing as I like to call it, endless momentum., In that the little pointer never stops, and it plays with feeling but looks techincal too.

It was Judas Priest and Iron maiden who were instrumental in creating the cultural image of Metal Gods, after all, they were the first in that realm and others tried hairdos, but that didn’t fool anyone and never really cut the cake.

RoboCaster said:
It was Judas Priest and Iron maiden who were instrumental in creating the cultural image of Metal Gods, after all, they were the first in that realm and others tried hairdos, but that didn’t fool anyone and never really cut the cake.

Those two bands made school days so much easier to handle. I did many a night of cramming (aka homework - hee hee) to those bands' music and spent much time listening to those recordings. They are two of the ultimate metal bands in my book!

Well Glen Tipton is one of my greatest idols, no doubt that. His musical integrity is very high. You can see in those solos, like “a touch of evil” how he demonstrates the theory of repeat. In other words he finds this beautiful singing voice idea and the repeats it all over the neck wide spread of modifications while maintaining that singing idea; the thing is, he sings on that neck, his licks are good.

I take it you like Slayer…hee.hee..

Anyway, I’ve thought Rob Halfred and Bruce Dickenson were the best proper singers and even Geddy Lee of Rush, but he’s voice is kinda’ weird, and the original singer of Styx was clear a percise. But Rob and Bruce use that proper classical approach and can have command over that raspy sassiness. There are lots of good singers, you know, I even like from Billy Gibbons, to AC/DC, I just consider Rob as one of the best.

Guys, you're not thinking clearly!!!

The best British metal band EVER is Led Zeppelin. There is no comparision between any other metal band that even comes CLOSE.

From Wikipedia:
" To date, they have sold more than 300 million albums worldwide, including 100 million albums in the United States alone."

"The immediate success of the first album kick-started the band's career, especially in the United States where they would frequently tour and where their album unit sales totals are second only to the Beatles."

"Shortly after the release of Physical Graffiti, the entire Led Zeppelin catalogue of six albums was simultaneously on the top-200 album chart. The band embarked on another U.S. tour, again playing to record-breaking crowds. To top off the year, they played five sold-out nights at the UK's Earls Court (these shows were recorded, portions of which would be released on DVD some 28 years later). At this peak of their career, Led Zeppelin were the biggest rock band in the world."

"2003 saw yet another resurgence of the band's popularity with the release of live album and video collections featuring material from the band's heyday (see How the West Was Won album and Led Zeppelin DVD). At year's end, the DVD had sold more than 520,000 copies, easily making the list of the most popular DVDs of the year."

"In early 2005, a census done by British radio determined that "Stairway to Heaven" was the overall most requested song."

Okay, well wasn’t talking about album sales, because then you would have to say that Michael Jackson:puke: is great… Give me a break. Yes Led Zepplin was okay, but truthfully Jimmy Page was sloppy and sounded like crap, even though I like him, I’m still talking about high bred heavy metal rock n roll! Not talking about album sales but quality of craftsmenship and musical integrity not flash in the pan pop marketing or mega shove it down your throat crap like Jackson or Rap. Comon don’t you just loath pop music? Led Zepplin does, that’s why the created album music.

Of course I loathe pop music!

This is why I said, "British metal"...

And Album sales ARE everything, the are what lead you to determine how popular a particular band is. Michael Jackson is a FREAK :zombie: , no doubt about it, when it comes to pop music he is way up there (Of course the beatles put the smack down on him on Album sales).

Jimmy Page sloppy? No question about it. Too much god damned Heroin. Luckily he was able to recover and play well on the _In Through The Out Door_ album. What makes Jimmy Page special, are his composition skills. I think he is the best song writer in the world except for John Lennon and Paul Mc Cartney.

Look I am not bashing on Judas Priest. I LOVE Judas Priest, especially the Sad Wings of Destiny Album, but Led Zeppelin is the best British Heavy Metal band by a long shot and probably will be for maybe the next 20-30 years....

:headbang:

So I take it, your a Led Zepplin fan..hee..hee.. Yea I got a pretty killer version of Stairway, it was one of my favorite songs.. I remember when Song Remains the Same came out, Stairway sounded like magic, and medieval I just loved it and it took me away to another place, and it had a Blues/Spanish/Classical/Jazzy hard rock sounding solo to it as well.. So, I got me a prejudice and a high expectation to musical content, so not too much pop music can every satisfy my intellect.