Brooklyn: 5/5

slateman

New Metal Member
May 6, 2001
www.planettonyhawk.com
After all these years, I finally get to see the mighty Opeth.

It was simply amazing. They're just awesome. The set list was pretty much what I expected...

*Don't read if you don't want to know the setlist!*

They played:

White Cluster
Forest of October
The Drapery Falls
Advent
Demon of the Fall

From what I read, they played Credence AND The Leper Affinity instead of Forest in Albany (went to college there for 6 years and they get the better set list!)

Love Forest, but I also love Leper. Actually White Cluster and Drapery are among my least favorites from their respective albums.

The crowd was excellent, lots of headbanging, so I felt right at home! Seemed like a very enthusiastic bunch in Brooklyn tonight, full of metal fans...like it should be.

The shirts they had on sale were awesome too..I couldn't help but get both. Gotta show off Opeth to everyone.

I'm babbling now I suppose, but the show was great, and even the 60 minute drive each way can't hide my excitement. It's been a long time waiting for this. They didn't fail to impress, even my GF enjoyed herself!

:D

Grinning from ear to ear tonight.

-slateman.

Hey cool, I found the official Opeth discussion board! I posted previously at Opeth's domain - www.darkwood.com/opeth

I'm a new Opeth fan, and it all began for me when I feard them live in Brooklyn last Saturday... I never liked them before (don't ask why), and really had no clue that they were supposed to play there... So I went there to see Nevermore and found Opeth! Here's my review of the gig, posted on the Nevermore's discussion board: www.the.nl/nevermore/wwwboard/messages/9252.html

Oh, almost forgot... thanx for posting the setlist!

-GK