Opeth / Katatonia in Dublin

flosskkii

Spiritual Healer
Dec 11, 2001
Ireland
www.forruin.com
Hey-
saw my 2 favourite bands in Dublin on Fri night last... great gig. Katatonia played the set list that people have been posting around the place, it was really well received. i got a few songs of theirs on minidisk too.. great stuff.
Opeth were the main attraction though for me anyway- i got their 9 song setlist all on MD, and it's excellent quality... they played bleak, leper affinity, white cluster, advent, forest of october, drapery falls, when, credence and Demon of the Fall. They fuckin' kicked ass....! Should have some photos next week

Floss

How did Bleak go? I thought the never play Bleak beacause of Steven Wilsons lead voice...how did Mikael síng it?

Can you record the songs from MD to mp3? That would be great!

bleak sounded great (though M was a little bit out of key:) ) but yes, I have most of the songs in .wav form now, and will convert them... look out for a post over the next few days- i'll put them on an ftp server somewhere

John

Originally posted by flosskkii
i got their 9 song setlist all on MD, and it's excellent quality... they played bleak, leper affinity, white cluster, advent, forest of october, drapery falls, when, credence and Demon of the Fall.

Care to trade at all? I can put MD onto CDs if your interested? A friend of mine can also get it converted professionally and mastered. A whole show from this tour would be superb!! Email me if you do: russ@solacedenied.freeserve.co.uk

Originally posted by musicholic
Love to see those photos...Opeth has never played Detroit. :(

You should keep up on them better they played in Detroit (at harpos) in april I think it was sorry you missed them. But I had to see them in chicago at the hard rock cafe and the sound there kinda sucked… but don't worry I saw them again on 28, Nov and they really kicked ass :headbang:

A whole MD-quality Opeth set?
On top of that, a whole MD-quality Opeth set that has been professionally mastered?

I imagine an item like that would fetch a decent price.

Originally posted by Servo

Actually they did. They opened for Amorphis(someone explain that to me) back in April at the I-Rock. They didn't come to Detroit with Nevermore though. It was a great show, best I've ever seen probably.

Damn. Just my luck. Just got into Opeth in September and now I have to wait till next year I guess. :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek:

~Crosses her fingers with Jo about that Australian tour~

Please please please please pleeeeeeease!!!!!

well it's in the pc at home now as .wav files- will convert them to mp3's tonight. I mastered them as good as possible, and the quality is very good I have to say... i'll bring them in to this machine after the weekend where I can upload them to somebody's FTP.
I'll happily trade them with someone too- for another Opeth gig, or maybe an old Katatonia one if somebody has one...

cheers from Ireland,
John