Bruce Dickinson Disses Metallica

DarknessEternal said:
definately, in attitude. however, old metallica does rule.

I agree.

Bruce Dickinson gets his pants on just like everyone els, one leg at a time. Only once his pants are on, he makes gold records. Bruce has a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell.

People don't understand that it wasn't just Metallica who sued Napster. About 30 notable bands/artists were behind Metallica. I don't have the list anymore because we are talking about somthing that's old news.

I have respect for Bruce Dickinson, but it was unnesessary to single out Metallica just to get a rise out of his fans. At least that's my opinion.

Special Thanks:
Christopher Walken
SNL

I rest my case.

drsquar said:
I agree.

Bruce Dickinson gets his pants on just like everyone els, one leg at a time. Only once his pants are on, he makes gold records. Bruce has a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell.

People don't understand that it wasn't just Metallica who sued Napster. About 30 notable bands/artists were behind Metallica. I don't have the list anymore because we are talking about somthing that's old news.

I have respect for Bruce Dickinson, but it was unnesessary to single out Metallica just to get a rise out of his fans. At least that's my opinion.

Special Thanks:
Christopher Walken
SNL

I rest my case.
Never Question Bruce Dickinson!

Griffin- said:
the lame thing is
i went to Waldrock and he told us "you can send all your mp3's to your friends if the new album sucks, if it doesn't, go get it for 3 or 4 beers"
a week later i went to Graspop he told us:
"you can send all your mp3's to your friends if the new album sucks, if it doesn't, go get it for 3 or 4 beers"
yesterday i watched Rock Am ring at guess what he said?
"you can send all your mp3's to your friends if the new album sucks, if it doesn't, go get it for 3 or 4 beers"
;)

And you wouldnt be able to guess what he said in Stockholm? :lol:

\m/ said:
This may have been posted already, if so, oh well, I'm interested in what you guys think about his comments, but before you read this, don't shoot the messenger &
UP THE FUCKING IRONS!!

IRON MAIDEN Singer Disses METALLICA At Oslo Gig - July 7, 2003
IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson wants to make it clear that he does not share METALLICA's attitude with respect to illegal music downloading.
Performing with IRON MAIDEN at Oslo Spectrum last Wednesday (July 2), Dickinson made a deal with the 17,000 Norwegian MAIDEN fans in attendance before he sang the as-yet-unreleased song "Wildest Dreams" from the group's upcoming CD, "Dance of Death" (due on Sept. 9), reports Jan Thoresen of the Oslo newspaper Dagbladet.
"The album is not out yet, but please pull out our small digital recorders, MP3 players, cell phones or whatever you have. Put it on the Internet, spread it all over the world. But on one condition: When you hear the new album, if you like it, pay the equivalent of three beers to buy the record in the store. That is what keeps us alive. If you don't like the album, just forget it," Dickinson said, and the crowd went wild.
"We are not like METALLICA," he added.
In 2000 METALLICA sued the Napster file-sharing service for copyright infringement and delivered to the now-defunct company the names of more than 300,000 users — "fans" by another name — whom they accused of illegally making METALLICA songs available over the network. Facing an absolute public relations debacle, METALLICA eventually relented and withdrew the suit. Now fans who possess an access code from the insert to METALLICA's new CD, "St. Anger", can download high-quality MP3s of live METALLICA recordings and do whatever they want with them: burn them to CD, share them over the networks like Kazaa, and in general, "kick ass" in an unrestricted manner.

now that's the kind of respect i can give to a man. he may have just proven how metal he can be unlike another person we all come to know and love (think of angry gnome with bald pattern on the pots and pans). bravo mr. dickinson, bravo. this would be a interesting lineup for the MXW (Metalhead Xtreme Wrestling):

Beer, LCD, and Weed Match
Lemmy Kilmister vs. Ozzy Osbourne

Spikes, Gauntlet, and Mace Match
Varg Vikernes vs. Ihsahn

Gore, Gore, Gore Match
Chris Barnes vs. George Fisher

Lions Heart Match
Chuck Schulinder (RIP) vs. Chuck Billy

The man of 1000 Riffs Match
Yngwie Malmsteem vs. Devin Townsend

Roadrunner Broken Career Match
Glen Benton vs. Burton C. Bell

The Doggy Bag Match
Blaze Bayley vs. Tim "The Ripper" Owens

London Street Fight
Rob Halford vs. Cronos

The Cheezwhiz Title Match
DC Cooper (Champion) vs. Martin Steene (Iron Fire)

The Internet Title Match
Lars Ulrich (1983) vs. Lars Ulrich (2003, Champion)

The Ladies Title Match
Battle Royal to crown new champion
Angela Gossow, Chistina Scabbia, Nemesis (Astarte), Kimberly Goss, Dealy Kristin (Ancient), Alex (Sinister), Mary Abaza (Merlin)

*****MAIN EVENT*****

Metal Champion Title Match
To declare the new champion
Bruce Dickinson vs. James Hetfield

LIVE AT THE DONNINGTON
JANUARY 1, 2004
BELL TIME AT 12:00 AM
TICKETS GOING FOR:
$50 GENERAL ADMISSION
$75 RINGSIDE
$125 GOLDEN CIRCLE
FOR INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL SATAN
(666) 469-1313
lucifer4life@7thlayer.com

I simply "don't like" Metallica, but I do not hate them. I am 34 years old and have a decent job. Because I have the resources to buy CDs I do it. If not for downloading MP3s of many bands (Vanden Plas my favorite band is a prime example) I might not have been exposed to much of their songs.
Metal-heads (me included) worshipped this band through AJFA. I even think the "Black" album is decent, but the band went corporate. Hey we all want to become rich and famous. Metallica did it at the expense of their hardcore fans. Guess who will have to live with that for the rest of their life, along with the Napster bullshit.

I don't have to hate Metallica. The fact that they have to live with themselves over all of this stuff is restitution enough.

Bryant

tal shiar agent 930 said:
now that's the kind of respect i can give to a man. he may have just proven how metal he can be unlike another person we all come to know and love (think of angry gnome with bald pattern on the pots and pans). bravo mr. dickinson, bravo. this would be a interesting lineup for the MXW (Metalhead Xtreme Wrestling):

Beer, LCD, and Weed Match
Lemmy Kilmister vs. Ozzy Osbourne

Spikes, Gauntlet, and Mace Match
Varg Vikernes vs. Ihsahn

Gore, Gore, Gore Match
Chris Barnes vs. George Fisher

Lions Heart Match
Chuck Schulinder (RIP) vs. Chuck Billy

The man of 1000 Riffs Match
Yngwie Malmsteem vs. Devin Townsend

Roadrunner Broken Career Match
Glen Benton vs. Burton C. Bell

The Doggy Bag Match
Blaze Bayley vs. Tim "The Ripper" Owens

London Street Fight
Rob Halford vs. Cronos

The Cheezwhiz Title Match
DC Cooper (Champion) vs. Martin Steene (Iron Fire)

The Internet Title Match
Lars Ulrich (1983) vs. Lars Ulrich (2003, Champion)

The Ladies Title Match
Battle Royal to crown new champion
Angela Gossow, Chistina Scabbia, Nemesis (Astarte), Kimberly Goss, Dealy Kristin (Ancient), Alex (Sinister), Mary Abaza (Merlin)

*****MAIN EVENT*****

Metal Champion Title Match
To declare the new champion
Bruce Dickinson vs. James Hetfield

LIVE AT THE DONNINGTON
JANUARY 1, 2004
BELL TIME AT 12:00 AM
TICKETS GOING FOR:
$50 GENERAL ADMISSION
$75 RINGSIDE
$125 GOLDEN CIRCLE
FOR INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL SATAN
(666) 469-1313
lucifer4life@7thlayer.com

Thought of a new one:

Battle of the Singers with WAY too much time on their hands!
Phil Anselmo vs. Tomas Lindberg!

Griffin- said:
Yes i read this :headbang:
the lame thing is
i went to Waldrock and he told us "you can send all your mp3's to your friends if the new album sucks, if it doesn't, go get it for 3 or 4 beers"
a week later i went to Graspop he told us:
yesterday i watched Rock Am ring at guess what he said?
;)
Where's the lame bit? It was three different concerts with mostly different audiences, so it's logical that he would have to say the line on each of these occasions to get the message across.

FluffyDonkey said:
i still cant beleive the amount of bandwagon jumers there are on the st anger issue,

just form your own fuckin opinion.
So since I think "S:t Anger" sucks ass I must be on the "bandwagon"? That doesn't make any sense. How would you know who's on the "bandwagon" and who honestly thinks the album is crap?

tal shiar agent 930 said:
james looks evil??? hahaha, oh grief, these days he looks like somebody even my 2 year old niece can take him and still come out on top.
I don't know man, I think he's got a kind of ex con vibe about him. :)

Oddish said:
So since I think "S:t Anger" sucks ass I must be on the "bandwagon"? That doesn't make any sense. How would you know who's on the "bandwagon" and who honestly thinks the album is crap?

Not nessecarily, but most ppl who say they don't like it have listened to 11 or 2 tracks and had all their mates come over and say man that cd sucks man c'mon turn that shit off and lets all pull a cone man.

And so have jumped on the bandwagon. you could be one for all i know
that and/or morons that take music at face value give me the shits and i have no time for them,.

if you don't fall into either catagory then man thats cool.

I'm not trying to make anyone like it, i just want ppl to do their own thing.