BRUCE FUCKEN DICKINSON DVD

Wait. So you're saying even Balls to Picasso is better than Tyranny.

I'm suspecting here that you've not given it much of a spin. I'll admit, something about ToS clicked for me after multiple listens.

Balls to Picasso is a good 'un no doubt. I'm a sucker for "Change of Heart" too.

I think Roy Z is sparked up on the new one. Some of his solos are just fretboard blistering pyromania -- possibly some of his best lead work yet. It's only the acoustic "...seas of the sun" which lacks fire for me.

I'm sticking with: AoB -> CW -> ToS as his holy trinity.

I'm not sure where else he can go, but I do think he should think about using Adrian Smith again in some capacity.

JayKeeley said:
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! NOT SO FAST THERE BATMAN....

Where the fukkk are live renditions of:

Chemical Wedding
The Alchemist *
Gates of Urizen
What about the absence of live Maiden material? Will we never get a chance to hear Bruce sing the Maiden classics live? If only Maiden would release a live DVD. I understand that Steve Harris wouldn't feel right about exploiting the loyalty of the Maiden fan base, but for Pete's sake, couldn't they at least put together some sort of greatest hits collection?

Zod

Huh, I never knew that. Well, I knew it was originally intended for the movie soundtrack, but I figured it was the Maiden version.

So why did Iron Maiden cover it? Did they do it first, and THEN Bruce went back to re-record with his band?

Gers was also the guitarist on "Tatooed Millionairre" by the way, which is how he got hooked up with Maiden.

*downloading*

Erik said:
The Iron Maiden version was made after the soundtrack was out and everything. Basically the story goes Steve Harris hears the song, says "fooken aye, that's an absolute scorcher of an ol' song ya got there, quite fancy that for maiden meself" and so they re-record it for the forthcoming 'Maiden album.

For some reason, I thought they asked Bruce for a song for the Elm St movie but it never made it to the soundtrack, so he took it to Maiden. Or something like that. (Or it ended up on the CD but never made it to the film).

Anyway, did you know it went to #1 in the charts in the UK?

Gee, thanks for telling ME Bruce Dickinson trivia.

Did you know that in his spare time, Bruce likes to fly aeroplanes.

I agree with JayKeeley's statement that "Killing Floor" and "Machine Men" are weak. I always skip those, though the 8 remaining tracks are brilliant.

Bruce >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maiden

JayKeeley said:
For some reason, I thought they asked Bruce for a song for the Elm St movie but it never made it to the soundtrack, so he took it to Maiden. Or something like that. (Or it ended up on the CD but never made it to the film).

Anyway, did you know it went to #1 in the charts in the UK?

You probably know this, but they essentially bought that position by releasing multiple versions of it in a slow purchasing period. I agree that most of Tyranny does fall short of CW quality, but it's still a great album.

Two weeks ago I was thinking why dickinson has not released a killer DVD set. Finally its here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just placed my advanced order.....

cannot freakin wait!!!!!!!!!

X

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce... doing a song for Nightmare on Elm Street puts him in the company of Vinnie Vincent Invasion and Dokken. :lol:

And his first two solo albums were dreadful for the most part..... :Smokedev:

I haven't seen that Maiden Death on The Raod dvd anywhere in the States.... is it out?

"i tell you... the man has 5 strings on his bass guitar, this guy.
he's got four sensible ones and a stupid one down the bottom.
show 'em the stupid one!"

*plays b string*

"yeah, that's it, that's the stupid one."