Bruce's DVD

I bought the DVD last week and it turned up a few days ago, but haven't chucked it on yet. From looking at the back, it sucks that Trumpets Of Jericho and Chemical Wedding were cut from the Scream For Me Brazil set. Those are two highlights of the setlist. Oh well.

I have never seen that book before.

Lettuce know what it's like when you give it a spin Blitz.

Just read this review of the book... Sounds good:

41yG67IA6UL._SS500_.jpg

Bruce Dickinson has never been one to sit there being bored. In fact, making that statement is kind of like saying Henry VIII occasionally got tired of married life or Fred Dibnah had something of a fondness for steam trains. Hyperactivity has long been a way of life for the man with fingers in more pies than he actually has fingers to fill, if you see what I mean.

The frontman of Iron Maiden and fellow New Wave Of British Heavy Metal stalwarts Samson, world-class fencer, published author, airline pilot, TV and radio presenter (and that’s just for starters), is an intriguing subject for an autobiography, which is why it’s somewhat surprising that Joe Shooman’s work is the first time such a book has been published. However, though the tome is unauthorised, Shooman has done a fine and impressively thorough job. Though the research is meticulous and well-referenced, his writing style is witty and flows well, making what could have almost been an academic-style work actually very readable for even the less literate Maidenheads.

Though all Bruce’s hobbies and side-projects are covered (well, most of them in any case!), the meat and potatoes of the tale is his two stints as the frontman of probably the greatest heavy metal band of all time. From his joining the band as a relative whippersnapper straight outta Samson right through the glory years to his return to the fold, their controversial tour with the Ozzfest culminating with a war of words between Dickinson and Sharon Osbourne and last year’s release of their fourteenth album, “A Matter Of Life And Death”, it’s all covered. That notwithstanding, knowing Bruce’s penchant for keeping busy, it’ll probably be out of date by next week… hope Shooman is poised for regular updates! Ultimately, “Flashing Metal…” is a first class biography which will leave few fans disappointed.

By: EDDIE THOMAS

The DVD is great IMO...Has short film made when BRUCE was in Samson hilliarious ...
All the flim clips are good I had not seen any of them ever . but that would'nt be hard

I've only watched Dive! Dive! Live! and the promos w/ intros by Bruce so far. The intros by Bruce are worth the price of the DVD alone - I was expecting ten seconds saying "This is Back from the Edge, it's a great song on Skunkworks - hope you like it!" but he talks for five minutes or so about each track, giving background on the filming and such. Top stuff.

I have watched it a fair few times over now, my fave gig is the one on the skunkworks tour, cause I love that stuff, and the 3rd DVD where Bruce takes us through the vids, awesome awesome stuff