Brutal/Tech Death, Mix help

musickey

djenital moosic
Feb 17, 2006
INDIANA
Need any and all mix advice on this one....I recorded the band, and originally they were going to have Chris Wisco mix/master, but funds ran dry even though its a label release :cool: Anyway thanks for the listen, and yes that is a snare drum and not a roto tom lol The drummer is adamant about keeping that sound........

Thanks again for your input!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2245275/Omnipotent%20Asperity.mp3

Thanks man, Yeah the snare didnt even have a bottom head lol It is the total opposite in any sound i normally try and achieve, I try and comp it, and all it does is bring out that nasy ass ring. I try and cut that feq and the whole drum disappears.....Guitars are Recto and 5150II

yeah i agree about the gits having too much gain....bad thing is i cant go back now :erk: wonder if lowmids are still too present, and if scooping them will make a difference? of course i do still have the DI's maybe try something with some sims...

Shit, that snare would actually sound decent, if it had...you know..... snares.
I think the bass needs to be a little louder, other than that it sounds good man.

What band is this?

Thanks for the replies guys, do appreciate it. The band is called Visceral Throne, they signed with Brutal Bands...makes since huh ;) Really cool guys from my hometown.

I know most bands in this genra have a similar snare sound, For the life of me i cant figure out why..but i guess that might be the point lol. Im gonna see what i can do to get it louder, and try and tame some of the annoying ring. I also agree about the bass...think im gonna throw a bit more grit on it, and see if i can get it a little more noticeable.

What do you guys think of the overall EQ, does the whole mix need more highs/lows?

Thanks again

i love it =D

of course if i were producing the recording it'd turn out a ton different, but this is how BRUTZ Slam Death should sound...

the snare sound can be saved but it's going to take a LOT of processing.... dont be afraid =D

i think it fits rather well and gives the whole mix a very signature vibe.... as nasty as it is, haha