brutal/technical/ and sometimes melodic

Sep 30, 2005
Im looking for a band that has a lot of technicality and brutality, but with a healthy dose of melody too.

any reccomendations? the bands i currently listen to are:
psycroptic
spawn of possession
quo vadis
necrophagist
arsis
vehemence
vital remains
the forsaken
kronos
neuraxis

The Faceless, maybe? Not too into that stuff, but I think it fits the description. Not quite as brutal as most of the stuff you named, though.

In terms of brutality and melody, it don't get better than Dechristianize. just give it up.

Spawn of Possession has melody?

There are a lot of bands with a good dose of melody (yet brutal/technical), a few of my favourites:

Anata
Recent Behemoth
Sceptic
Pitbulls in the Nursery
Kronos, new albums sucks though
Bloodbath, recent album
Capharnaum
Decapitated
Fatal
Illogicist new album
Job For a Cowboy new album
Neuraxis
Odious Mortem
Skinless
Symbyosis
The Amenta
The Shattering
Thy Disease
Warface

holy shit! you guys rock. ive heard most of those bands, ill have to check out the others. i cant believe i forgot to mention capharnaum. thanks nissan

I looked at you list again and you'd def like Odious Mortem, Pittbulls in the Nursery a lot.

if you want to compromise the melodic part. ;)

Atheretic (one of the most complex thing you'll ever hear)

Pitbulls in the nursery (killer prog/brutal death)

Demilich (tech goregring)

Brutal, technical, and at least somewhat melodic (but definitely more along the lines of "brutal death" would be Screams of Anguish by Brutality. Their other albums, not so much... but Screams of Anguish is definitely a gem and has all that you're looking for... it's not BUILT on the whole melodic sound, but it does have elements of it.

If you look at the bands he listed, that's not the type of music he's looking for at all.

If you look at the bands he listed, that's not the type of music he's looking for at all.

Well a lot of the other bands named aren't melodic; I mean I like them, but still (ie Decapitated, Skinless, Bloodbath). And as most of that is extreme metal, I'm sure he could appreciate Opeth and BTBAM.