Brutal track - GRIND - POD - DFH

Pablo333

Jan 13, 2009
A new track from me guys called Grind

Grind

Brutal Metal using the POD and No impulses this time , Drums were DFH 1 ,
all mixed in Cubase SX.

Feedback welcome!!

Nice tight playing, is really in time with the kick drum. Respect. Solid metal tune.
No bass? Probably the best sound one can get out of a POD...

The bomb sample reminds me of 80's Japanese Godzilla vs. Gorgonzola-style movies or Blue Max on the Commodore 64 (press fire and joy down to hear a similar sound).

The bomb sample reminds me of 80's Japanese Godzilla vs. Gorgonzola-style movies or Blue Max on the Commodore 64 (press fire and joy down to hear a similar sound).

:lol: Yeah I thought it was crappy too...commodore 64 ftw!

But damn you got precise playing in there! No sloppy shit as I got...
And that pod tone is quite good too! Not the best I have heard but close.
Nice trashy tune with good drums! Hey, good stuff man! :kickass:

that's a POD?! nice tone indeed. any chance you'll post the settings?

i think this clip needs some bass. but other than that, good stuff. :kickass:

A very good tone from a POD man! Nice tune too.

Maybe try to bring the drums up in the mix slightly or make them sound a little bigger?

¯\(°_o)/¯ How do POD Tone?

Great work. Great metal tune. Put in a bass and bring up the drums a bit and you're gonna be nailing some serious shit. Settings would be very much appreciated.:heh:

Wow, cheers dudes ,

There is Bass on this , im happy with the balance so far (tested on a few playback systems)

The POD was just > GATE > SCREAMER (no drive just gain @ 50 tone @ 40) > Line 6 Agro with mid up almost full and bass treb and pres at about 80.
Cab was the POD MArshall celest 96 V30

I like the tone on this GTR wise - finally getting the hang of the POD !!

More comments welcome guys!!

Ok theres this whole "Pod tone" thing going on - how about i redo the Gtr's with Solo C and 8505???
will upload tommorow!!

That would be epic! :)

How do you go about recording direct tracks to put through the Nick Crow amp sims? Do you just literally turn off every single effect/cab/amp on the pod and go from there? Or do you record through one of the clean pre-amps?

I'm a nub at that stuff. :(

Hehheh cheers guys!! y'know i really love the fact you dudes check my tracks out - its totally worth the effort!

@Dylan S - I record my gtr into the pod while monitoring through it too - so im hearing the drums/click and hearing a distorted gtr patch but the pod records the gtr clean into cubase.
You do it using the usb on the POD X3 - a little tip i got from Matt (Splatt88) its a godsend!!

Sounds really cool and you're a hell of a tight guitar player! I also love the tuning. There's something that just sounds 'right' with palm mutes in standard tuning.

Sounds really cool and you're a hell of a tight guitar player! I also love the tuning. There's something that just sounds 'right' with palm mutes in standard tuning.

Wow, that means alot to me from you Matt!

Its actually good ol drop D tuning - i just love the resonance of the open E and open A strings when muting in Drop D.