Test Mix With Pod X3 live

Pablo333

Jan 13, 2009
Hi Sneapsters,

Heres a test mix im working on right now, Too late now and my ears are knackered too finalize it so would really appreciate your thoughts on it.

It's a mixture of death/noise/djent/technical/80's Metal ...phew!!!

Recorded with ym trusty Ibanez PGM301 into Pod X3 live then straight into Cubase SX.

Drums are DFH 1 - mixing with enough compession to get some extra energy from the tracks - and some Moderate EQ on drums gtr and bass.

heres the link>>>

Fun with your Guitar

cheers.

like it! especially the very "dry" character of your sound. only one thing - maybe the bass is a little bit too quiet???

thanks guys !! I appreciate it.

Re the bass - yeh on listening back this morning it could do with being more audible - Too be honest im a bit out of practice mixing this type of music as im
more used to doing electronic stuff .

Re the guitar tone - Y'know what I actually found a great tone by switching on the guitar PAD switch on the POD - I have Dimarzio PAF Po's which I love but are high output so its easy to get into mush territory when dialing in gain.
But when I put on the Guitar PAD switch (which in theory maybe I shouldnt) I noticed the tone was a lot clearer and "Djentier" if thats a word!!

Hi!

Cool Stuff and a nice idea with the Pad Switch. I'll give that a try tommorrow. It would be awesome if you could share the preset!

Rock On!

I think it lowers the input level - it is designed for guitars with very high output..

Y'know it's probably wrong in theory that i use the guitar Pad IN but it does clean up my distorted Rythym tone on my Ibanez PGM - the PAF pro's are high output - I I just know from experience that I always found the best tones came from playing passive or low output pups (just my expirience)

Dont get me wrong - I love the PAF pro's :headbang:

MIX THOUGHTS - on re listening - the solo's a tad too up front I think.