POD X3 tone and mix test

K Odell

\=/Varnisher\=/
Jan 23, 2006
Greensboro, NC
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandid=738374

Aight still trying to get better at this recording thing. Right now I only use it for demoing song for my band and what not. The guitars are POD X3 with the treadplate dual rectifier and guitarhacks impulses. Drums are Battery 3. Gimme any advice you can as I am trying to learn as much as possible and I dont know a lot about this right now.

Thanks so much,
Kile

Guitar tone is great. If you like the character of it (not mentioning that it's for demo-ing purposes so you don't have to "LOVE" the tone) don't change anything. It sounds good (it has that slight "processed" feel that you can hear on modern metal albums using Rectos and 5150s) and seem to work well in the mix.

What needs some more efforts are the snare and the toms. The snare sounds a bit too thin and maybe too trebley or something. The toms do not sound right (You should check the panning, the tuning, the drum programming on the tom fills, and also the EQ).

Man, the guitar sounds good.

the drums are horrible! Not much in the sound department, it's the performance!!! You made a HUGE mistake programming complicated fills in a slow fashion and then brought them at an inhuman speed. The result: R o B o T.

The song is decent, though.

yea this whole drum thing is something I am definantly trying to get better at. Just still learning the ropes ya know. But thanks for the help fellas.

I agree with other posters: the guitars sound great. I don't know if I would be able to tell they were not real (call me lame). The drums fall a little short of the mark, though. The programming sounds really good, but it is the sound of the drums (sorry).

FWIW - I couldn't do any better than this, so I probably don't have a right to criticize anybody.

Thanks for sharing with us!

the guitar tone is pretty cool. is it just two tracks of guitar hard panned? whats your gain level about? no boost?