Song in progress, AD, PodX3, Impulses, EWQLSO

After working on Jauernis song I've been a litle inspired to make a more symphonic version of this song.. but I don't know how well the strings are gonna blend with the rest of the song though...
Here's a compilation of the symfony section I've arranged .. http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/other/Strings.mp3

Does it sound allright, or is to moviesoundtrackish?

Onqel I must say you totally rock and you own me in so many ways. I'm a total noob but I want to reply. :p About the orchestral version of the song, I wonder if you played it on a keyboard or if you wrote it. And I wonder if all the strings are in only 1 track. I personally predict that when you'll put "the band" with it the "lead strings" will get a bit eaten by the "rhythm strings" and the band. And there seems to be at least 1 rhythm string note who has not enough release. But it all depends on so many things. This may suck but I personally pan the rhythm strings like the rhythm guitars but less extremely. But if you could post the symfonic version with the metal band I would listen to it to see how wrong I am. :p

Moonlight Seeker:

I have'nt tried to blend it with the rest at moment.. but your concern about the "lead strings" is'n that much concern of mine.. Because no instrument are ment to dominate the song, eventually it will get vocals.. and everything in the background are hopefully just gonna blend together nicely and only your subconcious knows what's going on :p yeah it's only on a single track now only to get some opinions if it sounds allright.. I did'nt play it on a keyboard, I wrote everything as midi..

I'm so full of shit right now.. too many samboccas... I will give you guys that's still interested an update if I make it work.. :p

1. this stuff is kickass !!! :headbang: just love it , i hope you find a good singer
2. can you please repost the project, its not avaible anymore :cry:

Well I think the strings of EWQL sound very nice. But the piano also. A piano sounds like it is played by one human and string orchestras sounds like they are being played by like at least 25 humans. So it really depends on you. And it depends on how the lead strings come out in the whole mix imho because usually it seems an individual has much more attack then a whole group of people. But I enjoy being played in the subconscious usually. :p

I've got an interesting mail today..

>Hello,
>i am interested in the song rights from your song "Blueberry Daquiri". If you want to >give them, what do you want for them?
>My email adress
>xphilipp2507@t-online.de
>
>best wishes
>Philipp

Could it be a good or bad thing to sell the rights for this song?

How can anyone set a pricetag on something you have spent months getting right anyway? I did a little research about the guy asking, and it appears it's a 16 year old boy :p
He could'nt afford it, but it was fun getting that request:p