BSIAB 2

Decimator

Apr 15, 2007
Finland
www.mikseri.net
I read about the hype about this http://generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=105&Itemid=26

Now finally I decided to build this thing. I had some leftover parts from other projects so I went at it.

Heres some build pics
Pic1 starting out
Pic2 I was wathcing TV while soldering and accidentally burned one cap a bit haha.
Pic3 all components in place
Pic4 bottom side. It aint pretty, but with this kind of veroboard its normal.
Pic5 soldering the wires in place.
Pic6 test jig
Pic7 Once finished its going into that white box. I probably paint some EVH stripes to it first :)

Some parts are a little overkill for 9v but these are just what I had around. And it works just fine.

The sound is nice! I have my Windsor modded clean and with this pedal it sounds great. I couldnt capture the real sound from the amp, but it seems
to work with impulses too, but the best result comes with amp. The sound is somewhat darker when driving straight into impulse.

Sample. Only kefir with s-preshigh impulse. I had to boost the highs a bit. No other effects. Tone and drive on full in the BSIAB

While it is great, I'm still going to mod it and add some stuff. Perhaps replace the single muff type tone control with Marshall type tone stack.

Anyone else made this pedal? Any mod suggestions?